Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

subaiku

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
Hey guys, tried Googling but couldn't find an answer for this? What's the best iOS for an iPhone 8 in terms of most stable, least bugs and fastest?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
If your already on iOS13 there's not much you can do.. I have my X on 12.4.1 and it has no issues whatsoever.. I do wish I had some of the new features offered in iOS13 but I refuse to lose full functionality of 3D touch and don't feel like dealing with the chance of issues some are experiencing considering I'm having no issues at all. I'm running the latest iPadOS version on my Air2 and it has been great except for a few persistent bugs that have never been fixed since the introduction of iPadOS despite numerous bug reports and full restores and setting up as new...

subaiku

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
I'm not much of a believer in having the latest and greatest iOS, so if I can downgrade to a more stable iOS, I'd prefer that. My iPhone 8 came installed with iOS13.3. :p

WingsAndBeer

Cancelled
May 24, 2019
I'm not much of a believer in having the latest and greatest iOS, so if I can downgrade to a more stable iOS, I'd prefer that. My iPhone 8 came installed with iOS13.3. :p

13.3 is the oldest software release you will get; you can't install any version you want. Apple only allows signed versions to be installed; only 13.3 and 13.3.1 are signed.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise

You can't downgrade, so your original question is moot for you.
But even if you were on 12.x, I haven't noticed any performance degradation from 12 -> 13 on my iPhone 8.

subaiku

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
You can't downgrade, so your original question is moot for you.
But even if you were on 12.x, I haven't noticed any performance degradation from 12 -> 13 on my iPhone 8.

Gah, so the only way I can get iOS12 is to buy an iPhone with one on it? :mad:

Also, on a slightly different subject, I'm can't seem to install any apps on my iOS13.3, have you encountered anything similar?

Jim165

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2015
13.3.1 finally got my battery back and fixed the quirks on my 8+. Staying here until I get a new phone

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
It is not possible to downgrade iOS versions, unfortunately. As it stands right now 13 is alright on it. If iOS 14 is a stability release like 12 was, update to it. I'd stay at 14 once you are there, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.