Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
After researching them all, I ended up with the Belink QODE Ultimate Pro. Super high quality unit. Great keyboard and very strong magnet for putting the iPad on 2 different angles. It makes the Air 2 considerably heavier but it's such a good quality case, I don't mind. The keybaord feels just like the keyboard on my Macbook Pro. I've owned Logitech and Zagg keyboards and this one is far and above the best quality one I've owned. I HIGLY recommend it.

P.S. Amazon had it on backorder until February so I ordered it from Belkin and had it in less than a week.

I have to give the OP a huge thanks for this post, as i went for the Belkin Qode pro V3 in white, for my ipad air 2 space grey. Wow, what an amazing case, to say that i am fastidious in context of ipad accessories is an understatements, and i certainly had serious reservations on spending 1/4 the value of my ipad on a case, when ebay and cheaper alternatives are less than half the cost. These reservations proved unfounded, and i am so happy with this case, it has added a new dimension to the ipad, i can do so much with it. The case also allows for ht e positioning of the ipad in portrait mode, whilst still docked, and provided a robust stand for reading or watching movies. 10/10.

My vote is for the Zagg Rugged Book Case. I had the Belkin Qode Ultimate for several months, while waiting for the Zagg. The only advantages the Belkin has over the Zagg is that it's slimmer, and can be used in portrait orientation.

Advantages of the Zagg over the Belkin are several:

1) No multiple keystrokes inserted when connected simultaneously to a BlueTooth speaker or headphones. The Belkin was virtually unusable when connected to any other BlueTooth devices.

2) Sleep function is not nearly as obtrusive. The Belkin goes to sleep in a few seconds, and requires you to wake it up by hitting shift or space before you can start typing again. The Zagg takes longer to go to sleep, and wakes up with your first key stroke, "remembering" the key stroke and transmitting it to the iPad once the (very short) BlueTooth handshake takes place.

3) The Zagg hinge allows you to perfectly position the iPad angle, instead of choosing between two preset angles. The base is heavy enough that it won't tip over when being used on your lap. (even in bed) The magnetic attachment between the base and the iPad case is much stronger. A positive effort is required to separate the two halves of the Zagg. I accidentally separated the halves of the Belkin on a regular basis.

4) The keyboard has a separate row for the Apple Functions, including Siri, Screen Lock, Home Button, FF, RR, Play/Pause, etc.

Many thanks to JoeTechie, who performed an in-depth review of the Zagg, encouraging me to take the leap and get the Zagg.
I was seriously tempted with the rugged, especially since i have a 25% voucher, making it £75 vs £88 for the belkin. I did not experience the issue with bluetooth connectivity, had it connected for airdrop and to my bluetooth speaker. Furthermore, i did not find the keyboard that slow to wake from sleep, and when in regular use, i found that there was no premature desire for the keyboard to take a nap.

The main deal breaker for me was the bulk of the zagg case, and the inability to have it docked in portrait mode, which i enjoy for reading.

I know have a 25% voucher that i am unlikely to use.:confused:

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
My vote is for the Zagg Rugged Book Case. I had the Belkin Qode Ultimate for several months, while waiting for the Zagg. The only advantages the Belkin has over the Zagg is that it's slimmer, and can be used in portrait orientation.

Advantages of the Zagg over the Belkin are several:

1) No multiple keystrokes inserted when connected simultaneously to a BlueTooth speaker or headphones. The Belkin was virtually unusable when connected to any other BlueTooth devices.

2) Sleep function is not nearly as obtrusive. The Belkin goes to sleep in a few seconds, and requires you to wake it up by hitting shift or space before you can start typing again. The Zagg takes longer to go to sleep, and wakes up with your first key stroke, "remembering" the key stroke and transmitting it to the iPad once the (very short) BlueTooth handshake takes place.

3) The Zagg hinge allows you to perfectly position the iPad angle, instead of choosing between two preset angles. The base is heavy enough that it won't tip over when being used on your lap. (even in bed) The magnetic attachment between the base and the iPad case is much stronger. A positive effort is required to separate the two halves of the Zagg. I accidentally separated the halves of the Belkin on a regular basis.

4) The keyboard has a separate row for the Apple Functions, including Siri, Screen Lock, Home Button, FF, RR, Play/Pause, etc.

Many thanks to JoeTechie, who performed an in-depth review of the Zagg, encouraging me to take the leap and get the Zagg.

I ended up with the Belkin QODE Ultimate Pro Keyboard case for my iPad. I travel a lot for work and I wanted to avoid bringing my work computer (a 17" HP) because it is a tank. I liked the idea of the Zagg keyboard because the hinge basically turned the tablet into a touch screen netbook.

That actually ended being what I did not like about it. I did not always want to use in in that fashion as it is a tablet for entertainment first, and used for work second.

What I like about the Belkin is that is provides decent protection and how easy the keyboard can be removed and replaced with the Apple smart cover. I do not always need the keyboard and this case makes it really easy to go back and forth from standard case to keyboard case.

I have had no issues with typing from my experiences thus far and the viewing angles are fine for me.

Reactions: johnnyturbouk
I ended up with the Belkin QODE Ultimate Pro Keyboard case for my iPad. I travel a lot for work and I wanted to avoid bringing my work computer (a 17" HP) because it is a tank. I liked the idea of the Zagg keyboard because the hinge basically turned the tablet into a touch screen netbook.

That actually ended being what I did not like about it. I did not always want to use in in that fashion as it is a tablet for entertainment first, and used for work second.

What I like about the Belkin is that is provides decent protection and how easy the keyboard can be removed and replaced with the Apple smart cover. I do not always need the keyboard and this case makes it really easy to go back and forth from standard case to keyboard case.

I have had no issues with typing from my experiences thus far and the viewing angles are fine for me.

I also went with the same case, and after a few weeks I am delighted with the overall experience.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Had a problem with my iPad for the past two nights. Basically I've lost the sound. When I plug in my ear phones it's fine but otherwise silent. Followed the quick fix solutions but nothing worked. Then I read dust in the lighting connector sometimes is the cause. Anyway I gave up and connected the iPad to the charger and, hey presto, the sound came back on. Had the same problem tonight and did the same and after about five minute the sound came on again. Have anyone else had any similar problems? Forgot to mention I downloaded an update and that's when the glitch? Any ideas?

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Has anyone used the Brydge air keyboard case with a glass screen protector on an iPad Air? The Manufacturer emailed that it's not compatible. I have a Zagg glass protector I don't want to give up, but i like this keyboard. Has anyone tried to use it?

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Newbie asking : Have any one tried Inateck gadgets ? Do they offer top-quality products? I am searching ipad air 2 keyboard new released aimed at Amazon.com and found its recommendation ipad air 2 keyboard/cover with auto sleep awake function. Do you have experience with this or some similar kinds ? How is the price evaluated ?
I think that there is something a bit "off" about that Amazon entry for the keyboard cover. The reviews seemed to be a combination of reviews for the Air 2 keyboard cover and their generic bluetooth keyboard.

Personally, I'd steer clear of that particular keyboard cover.

The most important questions to ask yourself are:
  • How do you envision using your iPad with a keyboard?
  • Will you use it primarily as a netbook where they keyboard will be your primary input method?
  • Will you use it primarily as a tablet/reader holding it in your hand?
  • Do you want the flexibility to easily switch between "netbook" and "tablet"?
The answers to these questions will help you to determine if a keyboard COVER will be better suited for you than a keyboard CASE.

A keyboard cover when not in use is typically magnetically attached to the iPad. They are easy to detach (to use the iPad as a tablet) and easy to attach (to use as a netbook). But covers don't offer protection for the iPad itself, and doesn't allow for a secure "closing" of the keyboard on the iPad.

A keyboard case offers more protection for the iPad, more stability when using them, but they are generally difficult/cumbersome to detach to use the iPad as a tablet. They're also bulky when attempting to fold the keyboard back to use the iPad as a tablet without removing it from the case.

For keyboard cases that offer the flexibility of using the iPad as both a netbook and tablet I suggest looking at the Belkin Qode Ultimate Pro or the Logi Blok by Logitech. They're not perfect (too bulky IMO) but they have great functional designs.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011

Also the case is designed so that Audio is redirected towards the user which is actually pretty useful. One other feature is that iPad doesn't need to be physically attached to the iPad for it to be connected which for my work flow is extremely helpful. I use the duet app to turn my iPad into a second monitor for my MacBook. I can use the belkin keyboard to type both on my MacBook and iPad.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
After researching them all, I ended up with the Belink QODE Ultimate Pro. Super high quality unit. Great keyboard and very strong magnet for putting the iPad on 2 different angles. It makes the Air 2 considerably heavier but it's such a good quality case, I don't mind. The keybaord feels just like the keyboard on my Macbook Pro. I've owned Logitech and Zagg keyboards and this one is far and above the best quality one I've owned. I HIGLY recommend it.

P.S. Amazon had it on backorder until February so I ordered it from Belkin and had it in less than a week.

Had this for my ipad air 1 which I just upgraded to an ipad air 2.

Was looking for a deal and randomly read a buyer comments saying that the ipad air 2 will fit into the version for an ipad air 1. It does indeed fit although slightly loose but not to the point it will slip out on its own. Also covers that back camera abut but I don't remember the last time I've use the back camera tbh. WIN

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.