Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
I'm looking for a stylus for my air 2 that is good for taking written notes, any suggestions?

munishp

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2015
Cloud
All depends on which app you will be using. I like paper by 53 and purchased their stylus.

highdefjunkie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2010
Chicago
That's a good question. I tried several stylus and wasn't happy with any of them. none seem to work, so I sold my Air 2 and went with the Pro.

Reactions: munishp

clint-bell

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
All depends on which app you will be using. I like paper by 53 and purchased their stylus.

Just had a look on their site, that's quite a nice stylus, does it only work as it says it does with the app or can it be used with other third party apps?

munishp

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2015
Cloud
Just had a look on their site, that's quite a nice stylus, does it only work as it says it does with the app or can it be used with other third party apps?

it will work with other apps too but only those who have used the API. I think at the bottom of this page, it states which other apps have integrated with Pencil. http://www.fiftythree.com/pencil I really like it and used it for a while. With apps that are not supported, it will work but not as efficiently.

I am like @highdefjunkie , sold my air and now have a pro instead.

Reactions: clint-bell

clint-bell

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
it will work with other apps too but only those who have used the API. I think at the bottom of this page, it states which other apps have integrated with Pencil. http://www.fiftythree.com/pencil I really like it and used it for a while. With apps that are not supported, it will work but not as efficiently.

I am like @highdefjunkie , sold my air and now have a pro instead.

Thanks for that! I too have got the iPad Pro, but still in the process of deciding whether I will get the Apple Pencil. May pick one up when it comes in stock, try it out for a bit and either keep or return if I like it.

Reactions: munishp

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
pencil 53 has a fat tip, so it depends alot of how you want to use it.. you may be able to write with it - i do notes with air2 and pencil 53 (e.g. using Noteshelf).. but i love the app Paper and using Pencil 53 is a must have =]

it works great with app:
- Noteshelf (but a fat tip)
- Procreate
- Paper

only the Paper app is worth of buying Pencil53

TheBearman

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2008
Cary, NC
I'm a big fan of Adonit. I've used the Jot Pro as well as the Jot Mini. I like these as they use a clear disc at the tip and a fairly fine point going into the disc. Makes it easier to see what you're doing/writing/drawing.

Reactions: sracer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.