Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
I splurged and went with the SGP Vintage case. Love it so far. I think it's one of those cases that will wear in and kinda have a story of it's own. I just finished spraying some water proofing stuff on it.

Vaja cases are so so nice but they're just to expensive for me. I used to have one for my Palm Treo. Yep, that long ago! haha

FreyaRaine

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
Boston
I wish I could afford a Vaja case...instead I got the Convertible Book Jacket by Incase.
Definitely amazing for watching movies hands-free on long flights

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I have been very happy with the Apple iPad case, even though I do have other options as well. 99% of the time when I'm heading out the door the iPad is in the Apple case, tucked into my SF Bags/Waterfield Designs Portable Muzetto or in some other bag. The Apple case is thin, it is flexible and it does the job. At home I prefer to keep my iPad naked so that the issue of protecting it really comes up only when it is leaving the house.

ZOO

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2008
aligata.com is the place I went a little bit $$ but I like heavey
leather (pipon), and it matches my briefcase.

Zoo

steakneggs

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2010
Yoobao slim and the chinao before it was the apple case but I traded up. But I do rock the Yoobao denim on the weekend

Darth Maniac

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
You can't beat the Vaja Ivolution Top in my opinion. Shame its so expensive lol but its cheaper than the Vaja Agenda cases.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
Apple case is the best!! It's thin and slick. Perfect for every iPad user

Thanks for polling and speaking for every iPad user on the face of the Earth. :rolleyes:

I would call it a solid "B".....not quite perfect. Not dock-able in Apple's own dock and looks like crapola after a couple days usage and needs to be cleaned. Poor choice of material in my opinion.

Note that I am speaking MY opinion and not for the rest or the rest of humankind. :)

Steve

ikenuvil

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
I got an ostrich skin case from http://www.pielframa.com and absolutely love it. People always stop to talk to me about it. It's pricey but worth every penny. There are several types of leather to choose from as well as the choice of a snap closure or a magnetic closure.

troymdaniels

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2010
WANT = Vaja Agenda
HAVE = Apple Case and Yoobao Magic

I really like this magic case (just got it today) except for the closure. I would love a vaja case but it's just so expensive and no knowing if it will fit the next gen is a risk I just can't take. That and if you want custom you'll be waiting an eternity. I had a vaja case on my Motorola Q back in the day and it was awesome.

I think the apple case is a "good case" too. It is the best design in my opinion, i just wish a quality leather case would copy this desing and not be $220.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
I LOVE the Vaja Agenda 2 case! I had the Apple case but hated how hard it was to keep to clean and how thin and unprotective it felt. The Vaja case is ridiculously expensive but it's perfect for how I use my iPad and it has been well worth the price for me.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
After having been stung with the Vaja iPhone case on my first-gen iPhone when the next version of the iPhone came along and the case no longer fitted, I am leery of putting a lot of money into a form-fitting case for my iPad.

That said, I'm now trying something new when I go out: instead of carrying my iPad in the Apple iPad case, I am using the RadSleevz microfibre Sleeve for my iPad and also tucking the MoviePeg thingies into the bag in case I do want to prop up my iPad while I'm out with it. So far that has worked very nicely. It is nice to have options and flexibiity depending upon a particular situation, too.

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
I absolutely hate the Apple case..hate hate hate! It's the biggest piece of crap Apple has ever made, flimsy material that attracts dust like you would simply NOT believe.

My Dodocase should be here in a month or so, looking forward to it. Until then, rocking it naked+BSE to go along with Waterfield Slip Case (which is great). I hate the Apple case that much. :p

steve31

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Canada
Piel Frama case gets my vote. I also have a Vaja iPad Messenger Bag, Vaja iPad slip case, Beyza folio case, Sena folio case and a Otterbox Defender case. I have a weakness for high-end leather cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.