Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
So I'm looking for a super slim back cover for my iPad Mini 3. I had a Switcheasy Coverbuddy, but it's pretty thick. I have the ultra slim PowerSupport for my iPhone 6, but it looks like they have the hard plastic versions for the iPad, which are significantly thicker.

What do you recommend?

- Protection isn't as important as slimness
- Must be compatible with Apple's smart cover
- The thinner the better
- As much of the corners\edges covered as possibly

Seeing a few, but most get poor\mixed reviews.

Alex225

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2012
Best iPad Mini 3 Smart Cover-Compatible Back Case (super slim)

I bought one of the official leather smart cases and am really impressed with it. Very slim design and very good quality.

Decent protection as well.

If you already have the Smart Cover then maybe not but this one has it as part of the design.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
I bought one of the official leather smart cases and am really impressed with it. Very slim design and very good quality.

Decent protection as well.

If you already have the Smart Cover then maybe not but this one has it as part of the design.

The only concern I have with this is if it's like the iPad Mini 2's fit, it's a bit bulky (compared to alternatives). I found that the iPad Mini Retina 2 sat really deep in it, and the lid fit a bit sloppy\lose as a result. Has this been changed? Are you able to post pics?

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
Best iPad Mini 3 Smart Cover-Compatible Back Case (super slim)

Have you checked out the Kayscase back cover? I tried it but switched to a thicker case by Invellop I like more since it has stronger magnets and the cover stays attached to the back more securely then the SmartCover + Kayscase. I finally found the cases I like for my iDevices. I think PowerSupport also makes a very think Mini case.

Alex225

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2012
The only concern I have with this is if it's like the iPad Mini 2's fit, it's a bit bulky (compared to alternatives). I found that the iPad Mini Retina 2 sat really deep in it, and the lid fit a bit sloppy\lose as a result. Has this been changed? Are you able to post pics?

The edges of the screen appears to fit relatively flush to the case so not found that an issue. Seems to fit perfectly I'd say.

I pick up my Mini 3 so will get some pics of it in the case when it's all good to go :)

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
Ordered this in white to go with my new white mini smart cover. :)

hopefully the front and back don't get too dirty.

I hope you like it. I bought a black one to go with my space gray mini 3. I love it. It matches the Apple black leather case I have for my 5S perfectly. I was going to buy an Apple case for my mini 3 but was heading out of town the next day and wanted a case to take with me so I ordered the one on Amazon on a Thursday evening and it showed up Friday morning, thank you Amazon Prime :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.