Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doju

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
I'm a full-time swimming teacher and a lifeguard during the summer, so while I definitely won't be full-out swimming with the thing, I'd like the case to be a bit water resistant, and if my fingers were a bit wet (not necessarily dripping with water) I would feel confident that it was protecting it.

Basically just a durable, water-resistant case. Hopefully not with a GREAT deal of bulk.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I would have to recommend the Otter Box Defender Series (link), it's $49, covers all of the ports and access areas to the screen while making the device still extremely easy to use. It'll also help with keeping sand away from the device which could cause some major annoying scratches (if you are life-guarding at a beach). There are four color options to pick from (black, black/yellow, pink, white).

Note: I've never used this case or owned an iPhone, but I have heard nothing but good things about this case and its protection.

surfer99

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2006
VA
I was looking for a case for a very similar reason. I am at the beach almost every weekend in the summer and would like something that will cover the entire phone and keep sand and a damp finger safe from iphone. I dont really care about the look of it either as I would only use it when I go to the beach. I looked at the otterbox but from the pictures I wasnt sure if it actually covered the whole entire phone and all the ports. Any input
?

token1

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
I use an Aquapac with pretty good results.

It claims to be waterproof to 15ft but I haven't tested that ;).

Good luck,
Token

surfer99

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2006
VA
Entire phone protected. It's the perfect case for dust/dirt/sand. OK with small amounts of moisture, but in no means waterproof.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I will purchasing one, hopefully sooner than later. Always seems that you put off these purchases and then the inevitable happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.