Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
My headphones that came with my 3G are slowly getting destroyed, not to mention I hear the sound quality becoming worse each week.

Besides the Apple In-Ear Headphones, what other third-party headphones are people excited about that are the same style? With the mic and whatnot, just higher-quality?

Thanks! Amazon links would be great if possible.

meglet

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
After a year of use, I still love my Sennheiser iP50 headphones. I'm using them with a 3G, and the pause/play/ff button works perfectly. Sound quality on the mic is good, and music sounds excellent.

They've come down in price since I bought them, I paid $100 and today they're about $65.

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
After a year of use, I still love my Sennheiser iP50 headphones. I'm using them with a 3G, and the pause/play/ff button works perfectly. Sound quality on the mic is good, and music sounds excellent.

They've come down in price since I bought them, I paid $100 and today they're about $65.

They seemed to get really good reviews except for people saying the chord is too short. You experience that?

meglet

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2008
Seattle, WA

They seemed to get really good reviews except for people saying the chord is too short. You experience that?

No, but I'm short, so I might not notice. :)

Seriously, they are plenty long enough to put the phone in my (left) back pocket, and the earphones in without limiting my movement. The reason for the left pocket is that the cord comes to the mic, then splits to a short cable to the left earbud and longer, behind the head cable to the right earbud.

I added a shirt clip from an old, cheap cell phone headset so that I can clip the mic in place.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
I like my Etymotic HF2 headphones but I just bought the Plantronics Voyager 855 stereo BT headset. I'm waiting to update to 3.0 for stereo BT. I heard great things about the Plantronics, which is why I'm excited to test it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.