Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buddygogo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2011
USA California
I am looking to purchase an iPod car accessory for my boyfriend for his birthday next week. He has the newest generation of iPod Touch. I'm looking for something in the $20-$30 range that works well. It would be most preferable to have a device that uses an FM transmitter, so that he can just tune his radio to the station to listen to his music. I need something that I can just pick up from Walmart or a store of the like. Thank you all in advance!

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
Just a quick FYI... I've never seen one of those devices with FM transmitters work well. Even the expensive ones are junk.

buddygogo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2011
USA California
The Belkin Tunecast work wells for some people. It's on sale for $30 at Best Buy. You would need to input your local information to find out if it is available for pick up at your local store.

One important thing to keep in mind with FM transmitters is the radio environment in your area. If you have strong stations that cause crossover, it can greatly affect how well the device works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.