Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CactusChef

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
Yep, I got the same one as Crash-n-Burn. I'm happy very with it. It doesn't really make it any heavier or bulkier.

grandeabc

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
THis one is the best, it feets good on hand, and the Touch still looks thing and small. Other cases increase the TOuch's size too much. Also, this one has a complete set for back and front protection, all inckluded
The best 'simple' case:
http://store.apple.com/0120-APPLE-1..._accessories/cases&nplm=TQ371J/A&mco=6CF6B5A6
Unfortunaltley, it's a made in Japan product, but I guess you can import it.
(buy the black one, then you will have a great look!)

tennez

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2007
I think the best cases are the griffin.
clear and reflect...
Still waiting for mine though

ivan a rom

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2007
the GF has a Griffin iClear shell on hers, it's still incredibly thin. She actually just wanted the invisible skin because she was afraid of the extra bulk. After getting the case on she agreed that I made the right choice in buying it for her, it's gonna really protect the iPod.

orangetrumpeter

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2007
Urbana, IL
Just got an iClear for only about $15 at Wal-Mart.... great deal, and cheaper than the Apple Store or online. As iLounge says, REFLECT is good too, but the reflecting nature just isn't worth the $25 price.

Doolang667

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2007
http://www.ifrogs.com
touchwrapz.jpg

I've had one of these for my 80GBVideo for a year or so. Best case out there that i've seen. 1 Downfall. Headphone jacks other than the iPod headphones will not fit properly. I've dropped it a few times and it just bounces. Just ordered one for the iTouch.

Not sure about protection, but quite beautiful!
http://www.miniot.com/miniot/index.htm
woodcasefront.jpg

tytus

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2007
Ultra Clear - CLEARonBLACK vs. DLO HipCase Nylon

Hello,

I'm looking for a case for my iPod Touch. At the beginning I was looking for a case with screen protector (but not film protector). As it was (nearly) impossible to find any I started to look for other cases. Currently I'm considering buying one of those:
Ultra Clear - CLEARonBLACK or DLO HipCase Nylon.

Any suggestions? Is any of them worth buying or should I look for something else?

BTW: Is there any case that:
:apple: has belt clip,
:apple: allows to keep iPod Touch in horizontal position (like DLO HipCase Nylon),
:apple: has "integrated" screen protector (like Ultra Clear - CLEARonBLACK),
:apple: is designed for iPod Touch (not for iPhone),
:apple: is of good quality,
:apple: is worth buying?

Best reg:apple:rds,
tytus

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
Hello,

I'm looking for a case for my iPod Touch. At the beginning I was looking for a case with screen protector (but not film protector). As it was (nearly) impossible to find any I started to look for other cases. Currently I'm considering buying one of those:
Ultra Clear - CLEARonBLACK or DLO HipCase Nylon.

Any suggestions? Is any of them worth buying or should I look for something else?

BTW: Is there any case that:
:apple: has belt clip,
:apple: allows to keep iPod Touch in horizontal position (like DLO HipCase Nylon),
:apple: has "integrated" screen protector (like Ultra Clear - CLEARonBLACK),
:apple: is designed for iPod Touch (not for iPhone),
:apple: is of good quality,
:apple: is worth buying?

Best reg:apple:rds,
tytus

The DLO nylon one looks like what I'll be getting soon.

touchher

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2007
I just got an incase "protective cover" today. It's pretty much the "bumper" case that is used on the iphone but for the touch. Mine's black.

asmallchild

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2007
I had one for my video iPod from this company and it was gorgeous.

Hopefully the iPod Touch version is just as nice: http://www.contourcase.com/isee/iseetouch/

I had the "Showcase" model for my previous iPod and while I would like to wait for that version to come out, I don't want to leave my iPod unprotected in the meanwhile.

tennez

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2007
I had a Iclear today and It got scratched very easy. The plastic was hard to put on and I could see the dust on it...
I like my ipod touch naked that I just dont know what case to use, even though the back is very scratched now...

Any suggestion?

ug.mac

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2004
Vancouver, B.C
I just ordered a iSkin to replace the clear plastic shield on my touch. I don't really like the feel of the clear shield plus it made my touch look dusty.

tennez

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2007
I just applied a invisible shield I bought from ebay for like 4 bucks...
It looks good so far...

DeadlyB

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
I was hoping some of the suggestions here would help me find one also. Unfortunately, I didn't see what I was looking for. :(

Still, there are a lot of nice cases listed.

safetyobc

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas
I bought the DLO leather flip case. I found it at best buy. I carry the Touch in my pocket everyday with the case. Works great!

adamfleck

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2009
Best Ipod touch case

Check out this simple case idea and vehicle mount. http://www.stickyfingerscases.com

Its a simple velcro concept that works really well and has no bulky profile

Basically, its the fuzzy side of velcro that acts as a protective case for the phone, then it comes with the male side to put in the car or on the computer so the phone just sticks where you want it...

It can also be used to mount the phone to the side of the computer for an easy sync and charging station....

only $9.95

Attachments

• Sticky Fingers Computer.jpg
    Sticky Fingers Computer.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 490
  • Sticky Fingers Case.jpg
    Sticky Fingers Case.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 623
  • Sticky Fingers Dash.jpg
    Sticky Fingers Dash.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 471

mrcc

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
I have to say tumi tech is the one i have. its somewhat a hard case so if i drop it. i dont have to worry about the damage. tumi is best known for 500 dollar top of the line suitcases so i know i dont have to worry about a thing with my ipod touch.

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
I have the Speck Candyshell- (as they put it- hard shell, soft center) and I love it- I have the black and gold one....Go Tigers! I see they have a red and white one on their website- The Apple Store carried other colors as well so I bet you could find several other colors on the web or Apple Store.

http://www.speckproducts.com/products/candyshell/ipod-touch-2nd-gen/188

It is hard shell on the outside for protection, soft silicone on the inside for shock absorption, fits very nicely around the 2G iPod Touch. The hard shell is not too slick, but it feels more like the hard case of the iPod Touch itself. The volume buttons are not the easiest to push through the case, but not too difficult either.

The protective clear overlay for the screen that comes with the Speck didn't go on perfectly- so I just used the Griffin (I think) screen protectors which went on in about 3 seconds that I already owned and were cheap to purchase.

Attachments

• 26367-full.jpg
    26367-full.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 633
  • 26354-full.jpg
    26354-full.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 563
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.