Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ninjaman

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 13, 2021
not sure I want to drop 300 for the magic keyboard so id like some suggestions on other keyboards you guys are using and is the magic keyboard that great?

alibegovic

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2021
Bosnia
Yes it does. The only thing that I do not like is when you’re using iPad without the keyboard it has to be naked. I have heard that there is a Pitaka case that works well with magic keyboard.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Magic keyboard all the way. You can, if you don’t want the case aspect of the MKB just pair an apple keyboard to your iPad.

Reactions: alibegovic

Ninjaman

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 13, 2021
I ended up grabbing the Magic keyboard. My iPad Pro arrived Tuesday so I basically have two weeks to try it out

thanks for all the info

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Yes it does. The only thing that I do not like is when you’re using iPad without the keyboard it has to be naked. I have heard that there is a Pitaka case that works well with magic keyboard.
Or put a skin on the iPad. Won’t protect it from a fall but will protect from scratches. I have my iPad skinned and also have the Apple folio which I bought first. Never use the folio anymore.

Ctg44

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
I can’t decide between the magic keyboard and the Logitech combo. I’m going to use it 90% of the time with the keyboard and no pencil. Most of it will be either doing work or laying in bed watching videos before sleep.

Eksoccer99

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2018
Love my magic keyboard. Can’t go without using my IPPro 12.9. There’s some protective thin cases out there that have a magnetic; snaps onto the MK as well. Better of both worlds.
800d5752bb0be6a0dd94a302f8e0ff28.jpg

Ctg44

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
I debated for a long time if I wanted the Magic Keyboard or the Logitech Combo. I ended up going with the Logitech and it'll be here tomorrow. Mainly for the function keys and being able to use it easily without the keyboard. I need to find somewhere where I can test out the Magic Keyboard though. Still not 100% sold either way.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I debated for a long time if I wanted the Magic Keyboard or the Logitech Combo. I ended up going with the Logitech and it'll be here tomorrow. Mainly for the function keys and being able to use it easily without the keyboard. I need to find somewhere where I can test out the Magic Keyboard though. Still not 100% sold either way.

After more use of the Combo Touch on my 2021 12.9, I am completely sold on it. I really like the kickstand and use it without the keyboard in bed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.