Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Hi all,

I have a Thinkpad T430 work laptop setup at home with multiple monitors.

To compliment this, I am looking for recommendations for a wireless keyboard.

I have a Logitech K400 and I just can’t seem to gel with it.

I have small hands and am not fluent at ‘touch typing’.

I have an Apple Magic Keyboard with my iPad Pro 12.9 and I find I can type more comfortably and fluently with this than with my Logitech, or even the Thinkpad keyboard.

Can anyone recommend a wireless keyboard that offers an experience close to that of the Apple Magic keyboard?

Last edited:

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
For the last few years, I have been using the Microsoft Surface keyboard, love it. The main reason is that I use the Apple Magic Keyboard with number pad on the mac and I really enjoy it.

The benefit of the surface keyboard is that it is very similar to the Magic keyboard but slightly better I would say. It is exactly the same size, the layout is very close but for me has two advantages. It has a better angle making it a bit more comfortable to type on. It also has more key travel which I find really good.

I spent a good while trying to find something that meant I could switch between mac and windows using different keyboards and this setup has been ideal.

IMG_0394.JPG

Reactions: andy2141

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I have a Microsoft Surface Keyboard as well (the version with the fingerprint sensor). It's a fantastic keyboard. Key feel is very much like the Apple keybaords.

However, I decided that something backlit would be better for me, so I'm now using a Logitech Pro X keyboard with the clicky Blue key switches and love it. I type a lot and I'm really enjoying it. It's a 10-key-less keyboard like the smaller Apple keyboards, but that's fine for my purposes.

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
Another vote for the Microsoft Surface keyboard here. Had mine for around two years and use it daily for work. It’s pricey but I consider it money well spent.

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Hi all,

Thanks to those that recommended the Surface Pro.

I was fortunate enough to be gifted one today... so now I need to ask, what mouse best compliments it?

Preferably one with a thumb ‘back’ button

Cancelled
Apr 19, 2014
I am a big fan of the Logitech MX Anywhere series. Has a thumb forward/back button, middle click button, smooth scroll wheel, rechargeable battery, and works on many surfaces.

Reactions: Hallstar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.