Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JahBoolean

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 14, 2021
currently running ubuntu, do I need more stability ?

Last edited:

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Generally speaking when it comes to Linux distress - it doesn't matter. Just pick one. You can make anything work on any of them. Since it's the one with the most support out there, I'd say pick an Ubuntu platform. If you don't need a GUI, Ubuntu Server is a safe bet

JahBoolean

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 14, 2021
Aye, thank you for the answer.

Time to stop faffing about and get to work then !

Have a wonderful sunday !

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Generally speaking when it comes to Linux distress - it doesn't matter. Just pick one. You can make anything work on any of them. Since it's the one with the most support out there, I'd say pick an Ubuntu platform. If you don't need a GUI, Ubuntu Server is a safe bet

what is missing here is pick a king standing popular Distro that doesn’t survive on just community coders efforts and donations.

far too many disteis come and go in less than a few short years, if you think Android was scattered all over so too is common Linux distros which destroys its appeal. Far too many play around with UI or their mission statement or purpose for existing is stronger and more resilient than the OS getting major use or support.

suse
Fedora core
Ubuntu
RedHat

long standing distros with desktop, laptop and server iterations for over a decade +. Those ones I’d trust & going to look into. Many more have great king standing support & growth too.

yellowDog was ok for PowerPC based CPU’s yet soon after those died so too did it’s distro. It’s longest serving iteration was in the PS3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.