Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdaminOz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Help me choose the best designed Android AND I MEAN IT'S LOOK! OLD OR NEW I DON'T CARE I MEAN THE LOOKS!

What's your most favourite design? Why?

Some like the pebbles, like the iPhone 6 and the HTC A9?

10212015110003AM_635_htc_one_a9.jpeg

Some like the flip phones, which aren't popular anymore.

iu

Some like the pure flat design and I think these are the sexiest and have no slip factor compared to the pebbles. ULTRA FLAT seems to be really cool it's as if the screen and phone is just one giant flat section like the phone is a thin wafer of swiss chocolate which is really amazing. I also like the short radius round corners AND the flat design of these - did anyone seen one of these when the SII came out? I know they made an impact. THEN only recently they look like the made them even better by releasing them with better specs and a metal frame - so sexy! Anyone use one of these Alphas? Also the Sony Z models have that flat look to them but I'm afraid of glass breaking at the back and would prefer something with faux leather or something at the back to make it grippy in the hand.

samsung-galaxy-s-ii-i9100-white-glossy-color.jpg

iu

These flat ones have to be some of the best LOOKING I've seen. Better for grip than pebbles, better for grip than the glass, and better for use than flipping open. So that's pebble, flip and flat, and I know there's a lot of wobbly ones with bumps everywhere, like the original iPhone style and the say the SIII and SIV, and there are completely square ones with square corners, but the SII/Alpha flat seems to be the best design.

What's YOUR favourite?

Rules:

1. No CHIKOM botnet

2. Apple is fine but I want to SWITCH to Android - OK I'm a sucker for everything Michael Mann haven't you seen Blackhat? :)

3. Preferably over 4.5 inches

4. Preferably not a beast like my iPhone 6 Plus which is a royal pain in the arse to handle and I am going to sell it.

5. It could be American, Taiwanese, Korean or Japanese, or something else maybe even a Blackberry from Canada. It just has to be GOOD LOOKING!

What's the best looking Android ever made?
[doublepost=1478184214][/doublepost]What's everyone leaning towards?

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I think the s7 is pure sexy.

I will be very disappointed if the s8 has curved glass in the front.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Note 7 was the sexiest ever IMO. Bigger screen than the bulky 6 Plus but still a smaller phone. Xiaomi Mi Mix is a worthy challenger with a healthy scifi bent. In the real & available world, I've come around totally to the Pixel XL and now find it quite sexy too. I'll also always have a place in my heart for the Nexus 5, the eternal king of no-nonsense design.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Wouldn't what someone else finds best looking/designed be something that's essentially subjective and personal in the sense that it wouldn't really be of that much meaning as to what another person would find best looking/designed for themselves?

Reactions: M67v

kdarling

macrumors P6
These phones from 2010, which unfortunately never made it into production.

Dell (!) models which were wonderfully called the Flash, the Smoke, the Thunder and the Lightning.

(Okay, the Lightning was the Windows Phone 7 version of the Thunder, with a slider keyboard, but you get the idea.)

dellsmartphones1.jpg

dell_flash.png
dell_thunder.png

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
It was the HTC one m7 without question, until the galaxy edge models popped up..
[doublepost=1478208816][/doublepost]
88% of the entire phone buying public would seem to disagree my friend....

That's okay. Sometimes those in the majority aren't right.

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
I like the new Google Pixel but these look good as well https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/huawei-mate-9-phones-unveiled.2012246/
I've been with iPhone for nine years. I do have a backup 2nd phone which in an inexpensive android Moto E 128GB.
The case for android is starting to become compelling. Athough I've noticed, top of the range prices have increased, probably android trying to shake off the "down market", poor relative reputation.

admob71

Suspended
Feb 13, 2014
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND.
That's okay. Sometimes those in the majority aren't right.
That is sometimes the case old boy, just not this time..
[doublepost=1478248428][/doublepost]
Starting with Galaxy S6 Edge and every model thereafter wiped the competition on unique design. All other phones look like inbred related.
I'm on based with this fella, htc were design kings, until the s6 edge dropped, market leading design and quality, makes EVERYTHING else look dated...

GadgetSN

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
1.) Samsung Note 7
2.) Samsung S6 Edge Plus
3.) Sony Xperia Z2

Best looking phone ever belongs to the iPhone 4 in its day.

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
That is sometimes the case old boy, just not this time..
[doublepost=1478248428][/doublepost]
I'm on based with this fella, htc were design kings, until the s6 edge dropped, market leading design and quality, makes EVERYTHING else look dated...

I agree the latest Samsung's are the best looking. There seems to be a general consensus on the net that agrees on this. Regardless of how I feel about The OS they run they are the best looking phones made to date. Yes, you heard me correctly I am stating my opinion as fact on this matter and I stand by it. :)

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Fate took this away from me. It was breathtakingly beautiful IMO. My silver S7 Edge is close but not quite as captivating to my eye. I forgot to mention part of what I loved about it was that form and function seemed so beautifully matched in the Note 7. Less so with the S7 Edge because the edge screen curve is not as refined and leads to too many false touches.

image.jpeg

I'm going to try this:

image.jpeg

I honestly can't tell if I think that red HTC 10 is stunning or hideous. But at least it's not "meh". :p

I also have mad love for the iPhone 4

Last edited:
Reactions: jamezr and Oohara

sartrekid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2014
Germany
I might be alone in this (and I don't even own it yet), but for me it's the Nexus 6p. There's something about that phone's visuals that I find highly appealing, more so than the Galaxy S6/S7 Edges (I own one) or any other phone out there.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I'm going to go with the Nexus 5 and OP3. Nexus 5 because it was so understated and minimal. The OP3 is beautiful with its chamfered edges, think bezels, and minimal branding. It also feels really good in the hand for being a 5.5" screen.

Reactions: Oohara

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
The Oneplus X looks really good. If Apple had released that design as the iPhone 6 it would have been well liked, not to mention very compact. The OPX is probably the most compact 5" display phone made after the Galaxy S4. It is rather slippery though which is why it comes with a case but if they had used the same sandstone black material as on the Oneplus One it would have been perfect. It's a real shame they decided to abandon the model because it was far more unique and far better looking than their "oh looks exactly like a HTC/LG/Samsung" Oneplus 3. And I'm saying that as a OP3 owner!

OnePlus_1280-e1446119772179.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.