Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magsafelove

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2022
Hi, I'm looking for recommendations on a sturdy brushed aluminum-look MacBook Pro 14" stand. I've been using the Rain M Stand for a really long time (see https://www.amazon.com/Rain-Design-...ords=macbook+stand&qid=1683299719&sr=8-9&th=1), but I need a second stand for work and that I can possibly travel with so it might be nice to have a model that collapses and that allows for easy typing underneath it on an external keyboard.

Things I like about about the Rain M Stand that I'm hoping to find in a new one:
  • Sturdy and good stickiness to the silicone pads on the bottom and on the lip at the bottom for holding the laptop, and lip on bottom isn't too high or in the way of typing on the Mac's keyboard
  • Has a gap between the top of the stand and the bottom that's large enough to fit my external keyboard in and my hands (not very comfortable, though) to type, as my desk is shallow, and I can't push my stand back far enough so that the external keyboard isn't touching the stand
  • Brushed aluminum in silver color matches my Macbook perfectly
Things I don't like about the Rain M Stand, but that I'm hoping a new one could improve upon:
  • It's heavy to travel with (I currently take it to work two days per week, along with my external keyboard and touchpad; hence, I am looking to buy a second stand)
  • It's a fixed height, and sometimes I need a higher height for better Zoom angles or for more comfortable typing on an external keyboard underneath
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I've had that stand for years, it's excellent! I do agree that adjustable height would be nice. The weight is what I love the most about it... it will not slide around. At all.

Mark.g4

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2023
I have Rain M stand and Griffin elevator support
both are very nice, but i prefer the rain design.
The griffin is lighter and more comfortable because it can be disassembled and transported more easily.

Reactions: vscomapre
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.