Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

titovenok88

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2019
Dear friends! Everyday I work with hundred of mails from my colleagues, different types of docs. Want to find the best Mail App. Need Your professional suggestions. I like the native Mail App in iOS and MacOS, but maybe there is some app on the IT market, which is more productive. Many thanks!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Reactions: revmacian

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018
I hear Spark is the best alternative

Available for both macOS and iOS and it's free

Im skeptical. Never a free lunch so what is their angle? Gmail and Outlook have their own paid email (mostly business) user base in the millions/tens of millions; their apps are to lock you into their ecosystem so having an app makes perfect sense and pays for itself many many times over.

I know Spark has paid teams but they cant be making THAT much off that. So what is their motivation to update the app and run the servers. They claim all types of things they arent doing anything with user data, but I am skeptical.

The other apps are mainly paid (Canary and Airmail). Edison openly says it uses your usage tendencies/statistics to better its AI which is sells the AI to 3rd parties; that is how they make their money. And you can opt out if you wish.

I cannot figure out Spark's angle. Readdle's other apps are paid or subscription; or a mix of those models. They're a 125 employee company, not a charity, so I cannot see maintaining an unprofitable app (even if their other apps are) that has no ads etc for other revenue. I am skeptical they are making enough solely on teams at $5/user/month to counter all of the free users usage.

Or they go the Airmail route and suddenly go al subscription like PDF Expert did.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.