Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
There are sooooooo many brands available in Amazon. And a lot of those have really good ratings. I just can't decide.

Is there some sort of a consensus here on the best brand for matte film screen protectors? Or they are all the same with just different brand names?

Thanks!!!

TribeFan1

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2013
The Power Support brand ones sold through Apple are very good, they've worked out well on my iPhone and don't peel up.

tagumcity

macrumors regular
May 11, 2015
Tempe, Arizona
I had the Ghost Armor matted screen protector applied. Of course there is a compromise of screen vibrancy using a matted screen protector.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I would also recommend Power Support. Their protectors are top notch. I always use a glass screen protector for my phone as it definitely protects from scratches as well as chips from bumps or falls. However, with the iPad large surface, I prefer less bulk and need the protection mainly for scratches as I'm usually using the iPad sitting down and not walking around with it like my phone.

So I use a PET screen protector for the iPad and Power Support although not cheap, are the best out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.