Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DesignProMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
Hello!

I am starting to research monitor stands for my 27" Cinema Display and new iMac (Once purchased).

I have been primarily on an old Mac Tower and currently have my cinema display under some design magazines. I am thinking it is time to invest in a nice stand.

I love the products from Grovemade and think the Desk Shelf might be my best bet. Although having a USB hub built in might be useful as I lose my internal HDs from my tower and increase external peripherals.

My wife uses the Mac Book Pro stand from Rain Design and it's fantastic. Their MBase looks nice, but only raises the iMac 2". I find that I need mine raise more like 3-4".

If anyone has some nicely designed and functional stands or just advice on what looks good and keeps the clutter at bay I would appreciate any insight.

Thank you for your time!

DesignProMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
In case anyone is curious I ended up getting the Grovemade Walnut Desk Shelf.

https://grovemade.com/product/walnut-desk-shelf/?initial=342

It's a solid little shelf, and it raised by 27" cinema display to the perfect height. I like that I can slide my keyboard underneath it if I need more space. Also great to have external devices underneath as well.

I had double checked the weight limit before ordering and it also will be able to have a 27" iMac once I get that purchased.

briloronmacrumo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2008
USA
Thank you for sharing your experience with this monitor stand. One question/concern: I'm concerned the stand will scratch the top of my desk. Is the stand's bottom contact surface something soft like cork or is it hardwood?

Thank you!

DesignProMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
Thank you for sharing your experience with this monitor stand. One question/concern: I'm concerned the stand will scratch the top of my desk. Is the stand's bottom contact surface something soft like cork or is it hardwood?

Thank you!

The stand has 3 aluminum and felt vertical "legs" with little rubber feet on the bottom. It is solid and doesn't slip or scratch on the desktop. I've only had it for a few days but I love it so far. The shelf is nice to hold an iPad or externals devices.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.