Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfan2023

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2022
Migrating from Ultra S21 with a physical sim.... was using a Verizon MVNO. Ordered the new 14 max pro unlocked, anyone have good recommendations for MVNO that supports physical sim to esim?

noone

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2006
I’m currently in a free trial with Visible and it’s seeming pretty great so far.

monstermash

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2020
I moved my personal line from Verizon to US Mobile. I did NOT port my phone number.

My old phone is dead, and my number was on an eSIM on that phone. I wasn't really attached to the number, so I abandoned it and just got a new number with US Mobile.

I was not able to make the phone app work, so I had to do everything from a computer on their website. I eventually got it to work and activated without having to talk to anybody.

When I went to do my wife's phone, she wanted to port her number. Her line was on an eSIM on her phone. I tried using their app and their website, but it kept saying her IMEI wouldn't work and to call customer service. Eventually I did. They couldn't make it work either. They said they would escalate. That was 5 days ago. I have not heard from them and I doubt I will. Their customer service SUCKS as far as I am concerned.

I ordered a physical SIM from them. I will try that in her phone, and see if I can activate and port her number to it. It should arrive in the next few days and I'll give it a try and report back.

US Mobile coverage and speed and such - it seems to fundamentally work. The data speed is nothing impressive. I haven't seen more than 40 Mbps with it, whereas T-Mobile is giving me over 100 on the same phone, in the same area, with both reporting being on 5g UW. I mean, it's plenty fast, but nothing special. I've been using it for about 10 days now. I may or may not stick with it. I'm running a free 3-month trial with T-Mobile too.

As for cost...US Mobile is way cheaper than Verizon. Once I have both lines moved over, it will cut my monthly phone bill from $130/month to $80/month.

monstermash

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2020
As for cost...US Mobile is way cheaper than Verizon. Once I have both lines moved over, it will cut my monthly phone bill from $130/month to $80/month.
SIM card for wife's phone came today. Ported her number in from Verizon, no problems. Just took a few minutes using their website.

There's a $5 multi-line discount, so my total bill will be more like $70/month, down from $130/month at Verizon.

Reactions: Fred Zed

Gartysparty

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2022
Isn't US Mobile Tmobile? Will that work on an unlocked iPhone? My current android carrier is Reach and they're verizon. T-mobile is very limited for me unless I'm at the office.

Also I don't see US Mobile as approved vendor on https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209096
US Mobile has Tmobile and Verizon plans although Verizon plans are the better ones that offer premium post paid quality data. Not sure whey they aren't on Apple's vendor list, but they support eSims on all apple and pixel phones. My 14 pro was set up within minutes on launch day with no problems.

monstermash

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2020
SIM card for wife's phone came today. Ported her number in from Verizon, no problems. Just took a few minutes using their website.

There's a $5 multi-line discount, so my total bill will be more like $70/month, down from $130/month at Verizon.
Wife informs me she needs "hot spot" capability. That's gonna be another $10/month.

We also signed up for the T-Mobile free for 3 months offer - which includes hot spot. So, for next month, I will drop our US Mobile down to just talk and text, which will be under $20/month, and rely on T-Mobile for data, since it is free.

The month after that, we will run out of the free T-Mobile data a few days before the US Mobile renews....so I will have to buy a little data from US Mobile...not much, maybe $10 or so. Still save a lot of money.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Although I wasn’t that disappointed with US Mobile warp plan at $50 inc taxes. I eventually decided to move back to T-Mobile magenta max with an insider hookup 20% discount which brings the price to $67 a month. At least now I get coverage at home when not on Wi-Fi or my zip code areas. What got me was it showed 3 bars of LTE on USA Mobile but they’d be no data connectivity at all around my area unless it found a weak 5G signal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.