Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Most of the other sites I get, but SpyMac #15? MacNN #7? And MOSR #5?!? I can't believe they beat MacRumors, especially by that much.

I'm guessing it's because they're more well known, not exactly more informative. Or reliable.

Funny, yes. Accurate... uh, no.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Yes, but in the user ratings section:
MacRumors gets #40
MacOS Rumors gets #71
Spymac gets #84

We are only beat by Think Secret when it comes to rumor site user ratings, which counts for more then the best known survey.
And look at the bit on the bottom of the page:
Most "unacceptable" votes: SpyMac

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
I was glad to see that the only rumor site ranking higher in user rating was Think Secret. When it comes to pure content and information, Think Secret is still by far the best of the rumors sites. When it comes to community I feel that MR has that won hands down.

Spymac gets what it deserves.

I think MOSR should have gotten worse than SpyMac. MOSR is just crap.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
The survey results are a bit skewed by the sites that promote it. I didn't put a link to it from the main site... but instead just in the current events...

The "best known" will be skewed the most... as the sites that send most people to the survey will clearly be the best known on the list.

arn

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
yeah i really didn't pay attention to the best known list. just the highest rated. like was said for MOSR, being high on that list really just reflects how notorious they are.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I'm glad so many of you agree with me.

I started a thread about just how bad MOSR really is.

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13367

After destroying the last video card someone donated to them, an ATI Radeon 8500 (after they begged for one with ADC on their site - there is no such thing), now they want someone to send them a (drumroll please)...

GeForce 4 Titanium.

Guess how the 8500 was destroyed. Overclocking of course. And with a pencil of all things! Not that their GeForce 2MX 64MB isn't working fine, it's just not fast enough for them to run their "tests". So please someone, find it in your heart to help this poor "news" site. Because after all, they've given us soooo much :rolleyes:. You don't see ThinkSecret begging for a new video card (which I think they'd get if they did).

But I guess that's the point, TS doesn't need to beg for $200.

I think I might be buying one of those MR mugs now. Or an AppleTurns T-Shirt. It seems like a much better way to support much better sites. MOSR is a joke.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by sparkleytone
yeah i really didn't pay attention to the best known list. just the highest rated. like was said for MOSR, being high on that list really just reflects how notorious they are.

And all that Spymac being high in best known and being low in highest rated shows that everyone is pissed off over the iWalk.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by sparkleytone

MOST was only high on the BEST KNOWN. Not the "best" rated.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.