Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tooshaggy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
SoCal
I have Poker Academy and I LOVE it.
Their servers are down, and Im dying for online poker. Obviously for Mac!!

Any suggestions????????

Please do not suggest offshore illegal, or pay sites/programs!!

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
I've been playing on ZeroRiskPoker.com for the past couple of weeks. It's actually pretty cool.

Basically, it's a free site where you play for prizes. It's sponsor-based and there's stuff like magazine subscriptions, poker chips and even WSOP seats available to be won. Since that player never pays a thing, it isn't gambling and therefore not 'questionable'.

Only thing is it's not for Mac right now - I've been playing via parallels - so it isn't an option if you don't run Windows. But if you do, and you're a poker fan, check it out. It's a pretty cool concept and I already won a few prizes.

tkidBOSTON

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2005
The Hub of the Universe
I have Poker Academy and I LOVE it.
Their servers are down, and Im dying for online poker. Obviously for Mac!!

Any suggestions????????

Please do not suggest offshore illegal, or pay sites/programs!!

Hey, I'm not sure if this qualifies as "offshore illegal", but Full Tilt poker does Mac and free "play chip" tournaments.

Enjoy.

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
Hey, I'm not sure if this qualifies as "offshore illegal", but Full Tilt poker does Mac and free "play chip" tournaments.

Enjoy.

Also, just to set the record straight, there is nothing illegal about playing poker online - even for money. Current US legislation makes it illegal for a credit card company to process credit card transactions related to gambling. But there is nothing that makes the act of playing poker online for money illegal.

n8mac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2006
Ohio
I play with play money on 2 sites...

pokerroom.com

and

fulltiltpoker.com

pokerroom plays within the browser. But I think fulltilt is better because tournaments are bigger and are more than just holdem. But fulltilt has a problem. They update their software often and the updater is apparently broken on the Mac. So everytime they update you have to download their software again and again, very annoying. At least thats what is happening with me using Tiger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.