Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meedmee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2009
How I Use This iphone Case:
I usually keep my iPhone in my pocket. My previous case for two months, a Griffin Elan hard case (leather & plastic) accumulated dirt inside (just from lint and dust from my pockets) and scratched my iPhone. That's why I chose this case, for better protection and sealing. I do not use a dock. I have been using this case for about 4 months.

Pros:
1. Only five holes (headphone, silence, camera, earphone, speakers/port), and snug fit minimizes dust getting inside case. (Hint: turn ringer switch to "ON" to slide into the case!)
2. Touch-thru glass seems scratch resistant. (I don't keep keys/change in the same pocket)
3. Distinctive color helps me keep track of my left brain!
4. Durable silicone impregnated case can take mild abuse (scratches) and it doesn't seem to leave scars. (I have not dropped my iPhone in the case yet!)
5. Sealed home button, volume rocker, and sleep button.
6. Since using the case, it seems to add enough rigidity to eliminate my few SIM card problems from my iPhone flexing in my pocket.

(semi) Cons:
1. Case adds somewhat thick, but that's what comes with this level of protection. Although it adds a bit of thickness, it feels very good in your hand. Without a case, I always feel like I'm going to drop my iPhone because it is so slender.
2. Sliding plate in the back does get looser with time, but it still stays on well.
3. The cut-aways for the five holes are somewhat sharp, and do not smooth over time. Mostly, it's the silence switch that is hard to reach even with my fingers. I have slender fingers, but a wide thumb. Sliding the switch is unfortunately not an easy one-handed move! Design suggestion: PLEASE TAPER more around this hole!
4. Finish around the volume and sleep buttons could be a little better
5. I does seem to keep the iPhone slightly warmer, as the whole case get warm, but overall, it seems cooler (my guess, the heat radiates evenly through the phone, and especially more through the glass).

Comments:
- I chose the red case. It's hard to describe the color, but it is a medium metallic red. I was thinking it was darker, but I am still pleased with my choice.
- Some people also mention that they get moire patterns with the touch-thru glass. I've been using this for 3 months but the screen is so easy to clean and relatively scratch resistant, so that is not an issue.
- The silicone impregnated case gives a great feel, sticky enough, smooth enough to slide in and out of my pocket, and doesn't scratch easily, and hides it well. It doesn't feel like dead skin in your hand or against your face, or rubber stuck to you.
- Internally, the case does not have raised ribs (like the Slider case) to keep the case from directly rubbing the iPhone back. Theoretically, this may allow scratches if dust gets inside, but the minimal dust, and occasional (every month or two) cleaning seems to prevent this problem.
- Nice packaging

Overall:
This is the best overall hardcase for the iPhone I have found. The touch-thru glass screen and silicone impregnated polycarb make this case an extremely unique product, and products of this quality materials is very rare. If you're looking for an ultra-slim case, this is not for you. If you drop your iPhone a lot, this may not be the case for you. But, if you don't mind a little bulk, this case is stylish enough while still providing a high level of protection for your iPhone investment. It is unfortunate that this is not sold at the Apple Stores, but I'd rather pay less to Apple and more to IvySkin and keep products like these coming with a lower overall price! The price of a case like this is $5-10 more than others, but justified due to materials. Despite very minor quibbles, I highly recommend this product. Five Stars.

http://ivyskin.com/quattro-t4.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.