Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2009
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good pico projector for displaying videos from the iPhone 3G? I've been looking for something that I can use for watching movies and TV shows during breaks without going cross-eyed staring at the screen on the phone, and my friend told me about these new handheld projectors that have been coming out.

I've never really used a projector and don't really know how to make sense of the specs, but I'm looking for something that can be run on battery power, connects directly to iPhones, and isn't too expensive (I'm a student).

Any suggestions?

monkeybear

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2009
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good pico projector for displaying videos from the iPhone 3G? I've been looking for something that I can use for watching movies and TV shows during breaks without going cross-eyed staring at the screen on the phone, and my friend told me about these new handheld projectors that have been coming out.

I've never really used a projector and don't really know how to make sense of the specs, but I'm looking for something that can be run on battery power, connects directly to iPhones, and isn't too expensive (I'm a student).

Any suggestions?

DUDE... the search button is your friend... but in this case you didn't even need to search because my other thread is RIGHT THERE....

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=7436752&posted=1#post7436752

Ok I kid, I kid. Seriously though I have the AAXA P1 pico projector, got it for $250 (I think it's cheaper now) and it's an awesome accessory for the Ipod / Iphone. I was looking at the Optoma one, but this unit is WAY brighter with much higher resolution (640x480).

sniper308

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2009
+1

The AAXA Pico projector is fantastic - here's my kid using it as a portable power point presentation device :). It doesn't really handle powerpoint files but you can save the images as .jpg and present them as long as they are not super complicated.

Attachments

• Power_Point.jpg
    Power_Point.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 125

exit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2009
wow... that doesn't look half bad for standard VGA resolution. I could totally see using something like this for presentations in small groups.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.