Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gnychis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2009
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy 2 PowerSupport Crystal screen protectors. But at $25 each it's kind of expensive. Does anyone know any place that might sell them at a discount, or discount codes. Does Best Buy sell them? I have a gift certificate to there.

Thanks!
George

gnychis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2009
ugghh, and another $6 for shipping?? $30 for a single protector seems crazy

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
No, you're lucky!

I ordered 2 from PS-USA.com and its $21 shipping to Canada, my total order was $70.40 for 2 protectors which haven't arrived after 8 days. I wish 3 day shipping was $5

suresh31

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Buy from JR.com .. they have it for 24.95 with FREE Shipping.

JR is well known store in New York City. I just bought it from them.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Buy from JR.com .. they have it for 24.95 with FREE Shipping.

JR is well known store in New York City. I just bought it from them.

JR is an awesome seller. I have bought MANY items from them...They have some of the best prices on portable hard drives with frequent sales.

Fast, efficient service often wifh free shipping.

I second your advice to go through JR.Com...plus the Power Support is well worth the wait!

gnychis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2009
JR is an awesome seller. I have bought MANY items from them...They have some of the best prices on portable hard drives with frequent sales.

Fast, efficient service often wifh free shipping.

I second your advice to go through JR.Com...plus the Power Support is well worth the wait!

went through JR, got it today, installed it, and it is AWESOME. I am very happy with the screen protector. It really is crystal clear. thanks for the advice!

davidjacobs21

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
went through JR, got it today, installed it, and it is AWESOME. I am very happy with the screen protector. It really is crystal clear. thanks for the advice!

Did u get it at the actual store? if so, can they install it for you. Im so bad at these things, im trying to get someone to do it for me

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Did u get it at the actual store? if so, can they install it for you. Im so bad at these things, im trying to get someone to do it for me

Don't sell yourself short on installing yourself. I am usually squeamish about stuff like this but I ordered the PS protectors on line and did 3 installs myself with perfect alignment and no dust or bubbles. If you follow the video and have patience these are much easier to install than you would think. The PS protectors are a little stiffer than others which makes for much easier handling and laying down on the screen.

It's funny cause when I first got my iPad I tried to have an install of the Zagg invisible shield done at Best Buy and between 3 techs they couldn't get a fit even close so I left without one. Then I had one installed at the mall kiosk and it looked like quite the process. I had a great install at the mall kiosk but alas I hated the Zagg and removed it in less than a week.

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
Don't sell yourself short on installing yourself. I am usually squeamish about stuff like this but I ordered the PS protectors on line and did 3 installs myself with perfect alignment and no dust or bubbles. If you follow the video and have patience these are much easier to install than you would think. The PS protectors are a little stiffer than others which makes for much easier handling and laying down on the screen.

I agree 100%, the slight stiffness of the PS films make them very easy to apply in one nice smooth motion - I've installed a number of them now, and much easier than other brands I've tried which are usually thinner. take your time cleaning the screen in advance, be patient and you can probably do .

p.s. +1 for J&R, I bought my last one at their retail store, they had tons in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.