Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSearch

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2015
Hi. I am looking to get an iPhone XS in Space Gray in like new or refurbished condition. I could get a newer phone, but I want to save some money and I like the design. I missed out on the refurbished models from Apple back when they still had them, so I was wondering what the next best thing is. I am fully aware of the differences between "refurbished" and "Apple Certified Refurbished." I was considering Back Market, but some reviews imply that it could be hit or miss.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I'm boring, I just jump to eBay for my used/refurb Apples. Could probably find a brand new Xs on there for not that much, they're relatively old.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
No one else sells actual refurbished iPhones.

Apple refurbished means like new with warranty.

Other sellers just means someone has a used phone. Turned it on, broke wind on it, wiped it with a filthy cloth and declared it refurbished.

Go on eBay. Look at used and “refurbished” phones. Only go with good rated sellers. Only bother with ones with actual pictures of the phones. Not stock or example photos.

Carefully inspect the photos and read the descriptions. Not sure if I can plug specific sellers here. But there’s one eBay reseller I always use for phones. They take really good pictures. While they aren’t the cheapest. I haven’t been disappointed.

Steverino2020

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
Try Gazzell.com they offer a good range of used iphones at decent prices. They also have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.