Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
May 30, 2007
What is the best place to find used or refurb Air rev A and B's? The Apple online store, obviously. I'm not fond of eBay and CL. Anywhere else I'm missing?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'd say CL is good if you're careful. You eventually may be able to buy here if you meet the posting guidelines for the marketplace. Therefore, if not Apple then yes, MacMall and maybe Amazon.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Craigslist, getting to see a computer and play around with it seems invaluable. You could also try stores like Best Buy for their open box items as occasionally they carry an additional warranty.

Cancelled
Original poster
May 30, 2007
I'd say CL is good if you're careful. You eventually may be able to buy here if you meet the posting guidelines for the marketplace. Therefore, if not Apple then yes, MacMall and maybe Amazon.

Where are the posting guidelines for the Marketplace? That would have been my first place to look.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Where are the posting guidelines for the Marketplace? That would have been my first place to look.

Marketplace Rules said:
Before you can access the Marketplace forum, you need a minimum post count of 250, as displayed in your User Profile, and you must have been a MacRumors member for at least 180 days (about 6 months). Posts in certain forums (e.g., the "Politics, Religion, Social Issues" and "Console Games" forums) do not count toward this total. Marketplace posts do not count toward your total post count either. Details are in the Forum Rules. If you start a "for sale" thread or make other Marketplace-type posts in another forum to avoid the minimum requirements, your thread/posts will be deleted.

Marketplace Rules

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Yes. 250 posts and 6 months of membership I believe. It's in the FAQ.

billgatesceo

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2009
I picked mine up on ebay. I only paid a little over $600 for a rev b that had a few scratches on the lid. I guess after I added in the superdrive, snow leopard, and power supply, I'm a little under $800. Still not bad though. BTW, like all of my boats that I have ever owned, it is and will forever be forsale :)

a.Lias

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2005
@bmstrong: I was in your position a couple weeks ago until I found a ridiculous deal on the NYC CL - $875 for Rev.B 1.6 HDD w/ box, receipt, 9 months of AppleCare, plus I got to meet a very interesting individual. Long story made short, if you keep looking on CL, you might find something amazing.

You may also want to try PowerMax and Mac-of-All Trades. Good luck in your search!

Cancelled
Original poster
May 30, 2007
What's the easiest way to tell the B and C apart? I've found a bunch of A's but I just don't feel that they are worth it unless I find one extremely cheap...

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
What's the easiest way to tell the B and C apart? I've found a bunch of A's but I just don't feel that they are worth it unless I find one extremely cheap...

Processor speed and hard drive capacity. Rev B were 1.6GHz with 120GB HDD for the low end and 1.86GHz with 128GB SSD for the high end. Rev C are 1.86GHz with 120GB HDD for the low end and 2.13GHz with 128GB SSD for the high end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.