Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poppaduck

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 17, 2022
Looking for the best price to sell my series 7 45 mm. I’m assuming FB? Any thoughts on a good price?

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
In the past, I could trade in my Stainless Steel watch with Apple and get a good price.

The fact that they are only offering me $155 for a watch that cost at least $700 is kind of nuts.

Cashforyourmac.com offered me $270. That includes the original box, charger, a sport loop and a watch that is in perfect condition.

Best price I found as all the other online sale sites were only offering me $203.

Poppaduck

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 17, 2022
In the past, I could trade in my Stainless Steel watch with Apple and get a good price.

The fact that they are only offering me $155 for a watch that cost at least $700 is kind of nuts.

Cashforyourmac.com offered me $270. That includes the original box, charger, a sport loop and a watch that is in perfect condition.

Best price I found as all the other online sale sites were only offering me $203.
Ok thanks. I’ll try FB market I guess.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
The watch resale value is terrible and the ultra 799 pricing shows how OBNOXIOUSLY overpriced the stainless models are

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
The watch resale value is terrible and the ultra 799 pricing shows how OBNOXIOUSLY overpriced the stainless models are

Yes, the SS are obnoxiously expensive

Resale value used to be better. It allowed me to buy a new SS watch every year. This is the first year Apple really lowballed trade-ins.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Yes, the SS are obnoxiously expensive

Resale value used to be better. It allowed me to buy a new SS watch every year. This is the first year Apple really lowballed trade-ins.
I might try to find a series 7 at a discount (if that’s possible). Otherwise I’ll stick with my series 5…..I get all the new watch faces and software features anyway.

Poppaduck

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 17, 2022
I might try to find a series 7 at a discount (if that’s possible). Otherwise I’ll stick with my series 5…..I get all the new watch faces and software features anyway.
What kind of discount * hint hint* lol

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
Ok thanks. I’ll try FB market I guess.
Over the years, I’ve sold so many Apple products locally on Craigslist (phones, iPads, mac’s, watches). When I tried to sell my AW 7 Aluminum (GPS only) this year, it was 🦗’s. I tried Facebook Marketplace for the first time and got a ton of interest. Sold it in a week locally for $290 2 weeks ago. Just a tip if you plan to sell locally. Have them meet you at a local police station (ie even if you make the sell in their parking lot). Safer for everyone!! Anyone with ill intentions will balk at the suggestion.

Reactions: Poppaduck
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.