Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
Not sure where I can post this, since it applies to iPhone, iPad, Mac's, Apple Watch users. But I am deeply tied into Apple's ecosystem. I own practically almost every device from Apple's router, watch, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPods, Watch, Apple TV, HomePods, etc.

With that being said. I am dying to hear from others on how they organize their mail accounts, tags (in macOS finder), folders in notes.app, categories in the reminders.app, categories in the Calendar.app.

Looking for the most efficient and well structured and organized in the most logical way possible for each of these apps.

For mail accounts, how many accounts is optimal? I was thinking 3, work, personal, and spam (use for signing up for forums, online shopping, discounts, etc). Also what are the best ways to break it down even further for better organization. Do you guys create separate mail folders, smart folders, rules.

I am trying to reorganize all these things, and if you guys can all share your ideas and make some suggestions so that we can try different ways to organize these apps to make a well organized daily workflow that's naturally well laid out, and makes the most logical sense.

For the Finder tags, I'm not sure what I should use for categories. So far I only have 'Work', would love to hear what other people's workflows are set up like so that I can some ideas. Kind of stuck at the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.