Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobbypotluck

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
so my girlfriend cracked the screen on her iphone by dropping it on the corner of the phone. At the time she had a HARD case from the apple store on it, yet somehow it still managed to crack the screen. We just had the screen replaced by a third party website and want to know what kind of case would prevent this from happening again. I was always under the impression a rubber case wouldn't protect it as well, but maybe it absorbs the shock of dropping it better? Ideas? Suggestions?

Orr3

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2009
so my girlfriend cracked the screen on her iphone by dropping it on the corner of the phone. At the time she had a HARD case from the apple store on it, yet somehow it still managed to crack the screen. We just had the screen replaced by a third party website and want to know what kind of case would prevent this from happening again. I was always under the impression a rubber case wouldn't protect it as well, but maybe it absorbs the shock of dropping it better? Ideas? Suggestions?

A rubber case is ofcourse better then a hard case if you drop it. Like you said a rubber shell absorbs the hit against the floor, a hard shell is hard so it wouldn't absorb as good :)

These cases have really good shock protection http://www.mygearstore.com/Products?search=incipio+superhero

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I doubt she'll like that superhero case above. It's so ugly. I have on the Switch Easy Colors today. It would suit her more. It comes is so many nice colors and feels so soft. It provides great protection from a fall.

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2008
I doubt she'll like that superhero case above. It's so ugly. I have on the Switch Easy Colors today. It would suit her more. It comes is so many nice colors and feels so soft. It provides great protection from a fall.

Yep. This IS the best. Only $15, and comes with two screen protectors, a squeegee to apply them, and a microfiber cloth. Amazing quality and durability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.