Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EEcuber17

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Illinois, US
My friend has Acid for PC, and it seemed alot easier to isolate the vocals on a song then add beats.

I can't seem to find an EQ on grageband or anyway to do that.

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Well obviously Logic Express is the next step up from Garageband, and a hefty step up; well worth the cost if you are making serious music. From Logic Express, there are many other choices, depending on your budget. Logic, DP, Pro Tools, etc.

c-Row

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Germany
I can without doubt recommend Ableton Live 5. Just head over to http://www.ableton.de and download the demo. It's great fun and was worth the money for me. Great software to do DJ sets, remixes and mash-ups. Oh, and some "serious" music making as well, of course. :)

dogbone

macrumors 68020
EEcuber17 said:
I can't seem to find an EQ on grageband or anyway to do that.

If you double click on a track and then open up the "Details" checkbox you have two drop down menus after in the "Effects" bit after the "Compressor". In those drop downs is all sorts of stuff. A huge EQ with presets, plus simpler EQ's, you can click on the pencil icon to alter it fully manually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.