Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2023
hey team 👋

question for you all. i work for a dog grooming company and we have a plan to outfit each of our bathing stations with tablets.

does anyone have particular experience with different types of screen protectors and how responsive/non-responsive they make touch when there are water droplets on their surface?
  • tempered glass
  • matte glass
  • polyethylene terephthalate screen
  • hydrogel
  • matte hydrogel
  • ceramic
  • liquid glass
  • etc

the tablets will be on gooseneck stands off to the side of the tub so they won't get "wet" but when dogs shake, water droplets will likely get on the surface of the tablet and I want to make sure we pick best option to make sure touch screen responsiveness is still accurate.

if no one has any experience with this, I'll be sure to report back after we do some testing

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Just speculating here, but I don't think the type of screen protector will make much of a difference. It's not necessarily a wet screen that affects the responsiveness, it's the wet finger that does.

My iPad and iPhone will work perfectly fine if there are water droplets on them, but the moment my finger gets wet is when they start losing responsiveness. (iPad is naked and iPhone has tempered glass, and can't tell the difference between the two in terms of responsiveness.)

I think you may be better off having the screen covered or towel nearby to dry it off, but also have a stylus that'll stay dry to use in case their hands are wet.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.