Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2022
There must be a better stand / case for drawing and writing than the Apple Magic Keyboard?

It is for the M1 12.9 iPad Pro.

Reactions: DontmesswitdaBoss

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
Here’s another to consider.

Etienooo

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2019
I use the Sketchboard Pro for drawing. It’s on the expensive side, huge and doesn’t leave the home but it’s super comfortable.
My only fear is that Apple one day release a 14’ iPad Pro and I’ll have to buy a new one.

Reactions: AC Rempt

Boil

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2018
Stargate Command
I use the Sketchboard Pro for drawing. It’s on the expensive side, huge and doesn’t leave the home but it’s super comfortable.
My only fear is that Apple one day release a 14’ iPad Pro and I’ll have to buy a new one.

For a 14.1" iPad, all you might need is a new upgrade kit...?

Etienooo

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2019
For a 14.1" iPad, all you might need is a new upgrade kit...?
The problem is that they conceived it with the idea that 12.9’ is the maximum size.
The upgrade kits are nice to switch between existing sizes.
But the part you can change is not much higher than the 12.9’ iPad, there’s like 2cm on each side between the iPad and the border.

Reactions: Boil

Boil

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2018
Stargate Command
The problem is that they conceived it with the idea that 12.9’ is the maximum size.
The upgrade kits are nice to switch between existing sizes.
But the part you can change is not much higher than the 12.9’ iPad, there’s like 2cm on each side between the iPad and the border.

Was not sure of maximum size, I was just eyeballing it...

But if Apple releases 14" & 16" iPad (Pro) tablets, I guess we might see a Sketchboard Pro XL...?

Reactions: Etienooo

TimAngel_imback

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2022
Orange County, CA
Another Zugu case user here. Great case!
Wow thanks for the support guys, I haven't been on macrumors since 2010 when I got banned for talking about the company I was starting. I get it, was a little too promotional :( Back then there was quite a few people talking smack cuz I was just a crazy kid with a dream.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 10.44.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 10.44.50 AM.png
    312.6 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: sparksd

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Wow thanks for the support guys, I haven't been on macrumors since 2010 when I got banned for talking about the company I was starting. I get it, was a little too promotional :( Back then there was quite a few people talking smack cuz I was just a crazy kid with a dream.

You’re welcome- and thanks for continuing with what is probably one of the best line of cases in the Apple universe. Like all enthusiast forums you have to get rid of the noise at times before you can enjoy the wider community, some folks are easily on the fence for the smallest things.

• Love
Reactions: TimAngel_imback

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA

lol - I missed your username. Great company and support - you personally answered a query I had and immediately fixed an issue. Nice to see you here!

Reactions: ericwn

TimAngel_imback

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2022
Orange County, CA
Great to hear :) thanks for the support. Guys got any suggestions as to products you have hoped for but no one has come up with yet. We focused on iPad cases for so long, now need to expand a little :)

waymarker

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2021
Hoping to try this one out soon. Looks to have a good drawing angle (20°) as well as various other setups.

TimAngel_imback

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2022
Orange County, CA
We used to sell phone cases along time ago, but it just seems there is such little room for innovation with iPhone cases. Also extremely crowded space but I think it might make sense now to make a case with the same leather as our case but just not have like a magnetic stand or anything that would be too much and make it too thick. I just would hate to make a product that is just basic and not special or different. We are working on a super high end iPad case and a Kids iPad case currently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.