Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acerone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Adonit just recently came out with a new improved Jot Pro stylus with a dampening tip. I think this maybe the best Stylus now...

ImageAnimate2.gif

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I used one for a month and returned to a ifaraday - never got used to the clicking as I used it. It is very accurate for drawing/engineering but I did not need that......the faraday RX is my go to stylus...

Acerone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
I used one for a month and returned to a ifaraday - never got used to the clicking as I used it. It is very accurate for drawing/engineering but I did not need that......the faraday RX is my go to stylus...

Did you try the new Jot Pro or was this the old model?

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
does not matter to me - I don't like the plate type - it still makes noise when you use it.. - don't get defensive, I'm glad you like it...just not for me...I use a stylus to select and tap buttons, not write...

ZZ Bottom

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I have the original Jot Pro, and love it. I use it continually with Sketchbook Pro and Flipbook HD. However, I would not use it without a screen protector on, since it has left many scratches on the protector. I'm fairly certain it would cause some minor scratching on the glass (as many have claimed). It seems logical though that this new design would be less likely to scratch.

The original Jot Pro is quite noisy, but as someone that uses it for illustration, I have never been bothered by it. The one thing I hope they revised is the plastic disc. The edges on mine are quite sharp, and should have been beveled a lot better on my Jot Pro version 1.

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
Hey guys figured I would chime in.

I've had the jot pro since it came out and love it.
Yes takes a bit getting used to, Still have a bamboo as a backup.
But you can draw and write more percicly with it hands down.

As for scratching the screen I've never had that problem at all.
And wouldn't think a piece of plastic would scratch gorilla glass.
Now if maybe you abused it a bit and the metal broke though the plastic disk then possibly. Also that being said the disks are looked at as consumables for me they last maybe 6months other clam a month but that seems harsh.

That being said I do not have the 2nd version but I am debating on that or there bluetooth version can't decided at the moment. Maybe buy one and put the other on my christmas list.

just my 2cents

ZZ Bottom

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I too am considering the bluetooth version of the Jot Pro. Not sure between that and the Pogo Connect. Supposedly the Pogo has greater sensitivity, but has a tip similar to the Bamboo. And ultimately the preferred apps need to be supported.

I did not mean I be an alarmist about potential scratching with the Jot. It just bugs me that they left the clear disc so sharp along the edge. This is leading to many scratches all over my screen protector, which doesn't scratch from finger nails. As I said, I hope they have improved the quality of the discs over time, as mine is about 5 months old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.