Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darels

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2011
Hey, i got sick of using iPod earphones since my sennheisers have broken, because they don't isolate any sound, aren't comfortable and etc. I'm a student and i can't afford good earphones, at least i could find spare 20 pounds for the sake of music i love, so yeah my budget is 20 pounds and would like to find the best value. The most important thing is sound isolation, however i think most of the earbuds are pretty much good in it. So i have like few options by now.

A-jays one or a-jays two, i prefer a jays one as they are cheaper and i don't notice big difference between them excluding some extra unnecessary accessories which comes with a-jays two

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.211-7415.aspx

sony mdr ex50

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.211-7415.aspx

Also, i could look for 20 pound deal of sennheiser cx-300 ii or smth similar on ebay, but I'm really scared of buying fake ones, as some of them are made so well that you can't say anything form photos.

Any other suggestions? Cheers.

BTW

Earphones is for iPod shuffle 4th so i don't need any mics or remote controllers

Eddy Munn

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2008
I had a pair of A Jays Four and absolutely loved them, but the audio in thee right ear stopped working. I got a full refund however, so have been contemplating buying another pair again.
They a priced at the £40 mark, a tad out of your budget though.

Eddy Munn

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2008
Just found a new pair of A Jays Four for £25 online, grabbed the last pair though!

AWallen90

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
You can find Rocketfish in-ear headphones ebay for a few dollars. They most certainly won't compare to the sennheisers had but I like them. I use them while I mountainbike, if they fall off or get broken I don't care, they do a good job of silencing the noise from biking.

Rampant.A.I.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2009
My suggestion would be to check out the Koss PortaPro headphones. They're ugly as sin, but cheap (can be found for $35 or less) and have surprisingly good sound.

Most of the Sony earbuds I've had have delivered decent sound, and the in-ear style definitely helps, but they're still going to sound a little murky.

I've heard good things about the A-Jays, but lower end headphones like that tend rely more on lots of bass then overall clarity. Same complaint I had with the Monster Turbines, which are a little more expensive: good sound, but it felt like someone was kicking my eardrum, and the bass takes over the music. On the other hand, if you like a lot of bass in your music you should be very happy with them ;)

Furifo

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2010
If you could just stretch another £15, these are amazing:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundMAGIC-...3PNM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1327092250&sr=8-2

You can pick a different colour as well if you don't like the red/black. I got mine for £27 on Amazon awhile ago - I'm not entirely sure why they jacked the price up to £35 but if you shop around you may be able to find a pair for less than £30.

The sound quality is amazing for the price (just read the reviews!), they get better with use and are very light. Mine have been knocked around a few times and are always being shoved into pockets etc and still work perfect so they do seem to be pretty durable as well.

darels

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2011
I've got sennheiser cx-200 street II for 17 pounds on argos, pretty much happy about that, great noise isolation, great bass, a bit missed crisp sound though but as for 17 pounds its very good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.