Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Allen121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2020
I'll wait for the 2021 model of the iPhone to get the 120Hz refresh rate. But I'd like to upgrade to the iPhone 11Pro Max. Generally, when is the best time to buy? I see Verizon has a promo right now for $400 off the iPhone 11 Pro Max and priced at $699.99 that ends on Monday (the day before the iPhone 12 announcement). But should I wait for an even better promo? Historically, has it been better to buy prior to the announcement or after? Thanks!

Reactions: jdlindsey7

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
Wait, where are you seeing this Verizon deal? ?
It is on their main page if you aren’t logged in as a current customer. You must add a new line to get the deal and pick a qualifying unlimited plan. And you can’t be on their cheapest unlimited plan so really that means you are paying $10 more per month to stay qualified on this deal.

The $400 off appears to be what brings the Pro down to $599.99 and the Pro Max to $699.99. It isn’t an additional discount. Keep in mind these prices are for the 64GB models.

Last edited:

MacAttackKev

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2014
It is on their main page if you aren’t logged in as a current customer. You must add a new line to get the deal and pick a qualifying unlimited plan. And you can’t be on their cheapest unlimited plan so really that means you are paying $10 more per month to stay qualified on this deal.

The $400 off appears to be what brings the Pro down to $599.99 and the Pro Max to $699.99. It isn’t an additional discount. Keep in mind these prices are for the 64GB models.

Darn, I was hoping it was a new upgrade deal not usual add a new line one.
Thanks though for letting me know!

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
You will be able to find deals on iPhone 11 pro's once folks start getting pre orders for the iPhone 12, mini, and 12 Pro. There will be folks selling their used phones and stores will have small discounts on the 11 pro models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.