Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SaxPlayer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Dorset, England
I've pre-ordered an iPhone 11 Pro Max and would occasionally like to attach it to a tripod for shooting video.

I've used various cheap and cheerful tripod mounts for my iPhone 6s Plus and all of them have been total rubbish - didn't last long before they broke. They all seemed to use a spring, be really hard to put on, and brake too easily. You get what you pay for, I suppose.

If anyone has advice of a suitable mount for a Max sized phone to attach and release regularly from a standard tripod mount then I'd be grateful for tips. I want something that will last, won't damage my phone (with it's clear case remaining on, ideally) and if it has some tilting abilities then all the better (but not essential).

Advice very gratefully received!

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
If anyone has advice of a suitable mount for a Max sized phone to attach and release regularly from a standard tripod mount then I'd be grateful for tips. I want something that will last, won't damage my phone (with it's clear case remaining on, ideally) and if it has some tilting abilities then all the better (but not essential).
Glif.

SaxPlayer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Dorset, England
I've been using the IK Multimedia iKlip Grip Pro for years. Great quality and can transform to different needs. Love that it also comes with a remote. They used to be in the Apple Store, but I think they are online only now.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iklipgrippro/

That looks great. Not sure how brave I'd be at using it extended, but definitely one to add to the short list. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: nanogirl21
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.