Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

486macuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
I bought a belkin F5U220 usb 2.0 card and it says usb 2.0 compatible but requires third party driver for OSX.Well they have no drivers for mac,and i cant seem to find any info on where to get these third party drivers.Can anyone confirm a third party driver for this product.Im running osx 10.2.4 w/10.2.6 combo update.Just for the record.P.S. if you cant confirm but know alittle about this please post your 2 cents

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
i don't know if there is such a driver... apple never supported (without much kluging, at least) usb 2.0 before g5.

if no one else posts info about a driver, you should return the unit while you can and get a fw card or a usb 1.0 card....

Plutronics

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2003
Illinois
My e-Bay QuickSilver came with an OrangeMicro USB 2.0 card, but as I only had OS9 this spring, It would only do 1.1 so I Pulled it.
Now That I'm up to Jaguar, I downloaded and installed the 2.0 drivers and the card works Great! I bought a USB 2.0 Flash drive at Of...Max last Sunday and benchmarked it pre and post.
The QuickiDrive did .8 MB/s on USB 1.1 and 3.8 Mb/s when I installed the 2.0 drivers. google Orangemicro, their drivers might work, I don't really know. The newbie leading the newbie :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.