Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rohanpainter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2018
Hi,
What is the fastest and well performing usb 3.0 card that I can buy for Mac Pro early 2009 running Mojave.

I have heard from somewhere that with some cards it splits speed somehow when transferring from a USB 3.0 hard drive. Because of having limited ports, which I don’t want.

So what would be the best choices for me to transfer data through USB 3 hard drives, On my older Mac Pro that just has USB 2.0

Thanks in advance.

MCal27

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
Stoke on Trent. UK
I don’t have a Mac with builtin USB-C to compare, but the transfer rates are virtually identical to a USB-C external ssd using this on my Mac pro as I get on an Intel Hades NUC which has native USB-C

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Hi,
What is the fastest and well performing usb 3.0 card that I can buy for Mac Pro early 2009 running Mojave.

I have heard from somewhere that with some cards it splits speed somehow when transferring from a USB 3.0 hard drive. Because of having limited ports, which I don’t want.

So what would be the best choices for me to transfer data through USB 3 hard drives, On my older Mac Pro that just has USB 2.0

Thanks in advance.

Why not post this in the proper thread?

USB 3.x PCIe Cards for Classic Mac Pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.