Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanflucas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
Milwaukee, WI
With Mac OS Catalina just about everything related to VHS to DVD conversion broke. I had a bunch of different ones from over the years: Roxio, Vidbox, Honestech, Startech which are no longer supported. Running them in virtual machines is also buggy. I had figured almost all of these were identical devices in different packaging but I'm guessing that's wrong. I have way too many tapes to mail them all in to a service.

Is anyone doing conversions via Catalina that can make me a recommendation? Elgato seems to have one that mentions a Catalina driver, but I've been a but gunshy in buying one being burned on everything else eventually losing support.

Sunny512

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
Austin, TX
With Mac OS Catalina just about everything related to VHS to DVD conversion broke. I had a bunch of different ones from over the years: Roxio, Vidbox, Honestech, Startech which are no longer supported. Running them in virtual machines is also buggy. I had figured almost all of these were identical devices in different packaging but I'm guessing that's wrong. I have way too many tapes to mail them all in to a service.

Is anyone doing conversions via Catalina that can make me a recommendation? Elgato seems to have one that mentions a Catalina driver, but I've been a but gunshy in buying one being burned on everything else eventually losing support.

VIDBOX Video Conversion for Mac is compatible with macOS Catalina. It was recently updated to support macOS Catalina. You can find it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/VIDBOX-Video-Conversion-for-Mac/dp/B00DPHOV0A

JayTexan

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2020
Austin, Texas
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 11.46.38 AM.png

Try VIDBOX.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.