Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mscesario

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
hello all, i am new to these forums and the apple developer program and would like to know the best and cheespest way to advertise my first app that has been approved to the app store. :) the app is called iPocket Science and its an educational app, all suggestions on how to advertise is greatly appreciated ! :)

thinkadam

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Get it on an iPhone commercial

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
I would also maybe give out free codes so people can try it, review it, spread it via word of mouth, etc.

FWIW, the black text is somewhat hard to read on the blue background. I think white would be a lot better, imo.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I think best way is to contact some blog sites who do reviews, post on forums such as this one, etc.. and give out free codes.

I've purchased / downloaded way more apps off word of mouth then ads..

Other than that, make a great app. If it's quality. Others will do the advertising for you.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
hello all, i am new to these forums and the apple developer program and would like to know the best and cheespest way to advertise my first app that has been approved to the app store. :) the app is called iPocket Science and its an educational app, all suggestions on how to advertise is greatly appreciated ! :)

I checked out the screenshots for your app in the App Store and would personally recommend that you consider changing the colors to something a bit less high contrast. I just found this site which I would personally find helpful if designing an app similar to yours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.