Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ralpa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2015
iOS has come to version 12 now but still my iPhone is consuming more storage with more "other" or cache. Since I am using iPhone 8Plus and I am looking for the easiest way to to clean in 2018. Can you guys recommend any?

xerxers

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2008
I use a little free program called Magic Cleaner. It always works no issues and always gets me lots of space back. I have nothing to do with is apps other than I use it.....:)

ralpa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2015
I use a little free program called Magic Cleaner. It always works no issues and always gets me lots of space back. I have nothing to do with is apps other than I use it.....:)
Thanks!

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
Yeah please share feedback regarding Magic Cleaner if you've decided to ty it! Restoring a backup every 3-4 months to clean cache is not the coolest solution :)

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
One reason you're seeing so much "other" in your storage are all the log files and system dumps the beta creates. You will find when you install the final version of iOS 12, that all that space will free up again.

Reactions: SRLMJ23

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I've been using Magic Cleaner for about a year. No complaints except there is no restore purchase option to remove ads.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

xerxers

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2008
I've been using Magic Cleaner for about a year. No complaints except there is no restore purchase option to remove ads.
mrollins.. Gidday.... Yes there is away to remove ads. Give him a tip.... Just tap smilie in top right corner. There are three tiers of tips. I have Done this and never see ads. I think this is a nifty little program abd have never had any issues with it. If you go to the apps Store and read the comments you will see how it works

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
mrollins.. Gidday.... Yes there is away to remove ads. Give him a tip.... Just tap smilie in top right corner. There are three tiers of tips. I have Done this and never see ads. I think this is a nifty little program abd have never had any issues with it. If you go to the apps Store and read the comments you will see how it works
If you reread my post, you will see I said restore purchases. You are required to tip on every single device. Therefore I must pay $3 every time I get a new device and choose to set it up as new. Or if I have to restore my current device as new.

xerxers

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2008
Oh okay my apologies I missed the restore..... And yes you are correct it had to be paid on each device. I have been in contact with the developer as he dropped some functionality but he did say that at some stage he will update again.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Oh okay my apologies I missed the restore..... And yes you are correct it had to be paid on each device. I have been in contact with the developer as he dropped some functionality but he did say that at some stage he will update again.
He said that about 6 months ago, I'm not holding my breath that an update is coming.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
I‘ve tried that app on my iPad. Only for a try. I had 28,76 GB free space. Used Magic Cleaner, had 28,3 GB free later. Lol

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
the easiest and cheapest way to clear them is to backup, erase and restore. I had to do it 3-4 times last year when I loaded the iOS 11 beta on my iPad. i did the backup and restore via iTunes to do it the quickest

Reactions: one more
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.