Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickandre21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
Hey guys,
Was hoping someone can guide me on how do I go about escalating a complaint with apple

history of what happened
Have an iPhone SE 2nd gen that’s covered under apple care+ notice a group of dead pixels towards the home button and faint lines from top to bottom. Booked a reserved appointment with the AASP submitted it on the 1st of October they told me will take 48hrs to diagnose, I asked them for a loaner device they said only if it goes to an apple repair facility will they be able to provide one. 3 days later they emailed the phone is covered under warranty and being sent to an apple repair facility, the apple expert diagnosis report stated spots on the screen and some heating issue which I did not notice. Estimated time was 5 days. There was no updates till a week later where I was tracking the repair status from apples repair id and it said the repair was put on hold. I contacted apple support and the person told me there was no functional issues noticed however there was physical damage noted. I disagreed as the phone had no dents or scratches leave for a tiny spot on the back panel. He then took owner ship of the case.

The case manager asked the AASP to provide details but 3 days later he said they weren’t responding to mails and asked me to go visit them and he will schedule a call so he could speak with them on the status and other details, I went as scheduled but the customer support guy did not call back. I did have a convo with the AASP and they did show me their mail response to the case manager. A few days later the AASP sent me a mail quoting an apple care claim for a device swap. I disagreed and the apples case manager asked the AASP to email them pictures. A day later he viewed the images and could not find any physical damages infact he did not even notice the tiny spot till I made him aware of it and he then said he will email the AASP to escalate it.
A day later he told me the AASP has not reverted back, and will escalate it with the engineering team as well. Last evening he told me that the AASP could not escalate it as they were having technical issues and he is awaiting engineering teams report and that would be the last point of escalation post which he wouldn’t be able to help.

I have never experience apples customer support this way. It has been 3 weeks without the phone. I did email Tim Cook but there was no response.
This morning I called up customer support to transfer me to customer relations, but they said if the case is genuine then only they could, then later stated they can only transfer when there is any sort of reports from the engineering team.

As of now I am clueless how to go about escalating the matter, I don’t feel it right that I need to pay for a non existent physical damage when the issue seems to be a warranty covered defect.
I did try to ask the AASP why is it considered physical damage but they do not give any answer just that the apple repair Center failed inspection and so that’s that, even the case manager could not get images or a report from the repair Center as to what was the exact reason to classify as physical damage.The AASP never used to call to inform or update but now they call every other day to make the claim payment to proceed with the repair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.