Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christiann

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2020
North America
Trying to get Yosemite on my Early 2008 White A1181 MacBook!

Edit: RMC Mac OS X Patcher worked!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 571
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    570.3 KB · Views: 470
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 297
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    590.6 KB · Views: 340
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 1,848
Last edited:

HomieJohn

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2020
Really? The RMC patcher just made my computer have a kernal panic with Yosemite. However, with El Cap, it didn't even let me use my mouse or keyboard on the install screen.

christiann

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2020
North America
Really? The RMC patcher just made my computer have a kernal panic with Yosemite. However, with El Cap, it didn't even let me use my mouse or keyboard on the install screen.

That’s weird. It worked for me, I tried various Mac OS X versions :D

What Mac were you trying to install on?

HomieJohn

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2020
I’m not using either due to Catalina not letting me install it. It says that there isn’t anything to install.

christiann

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2020
North America
I’m not using either due to Catalina not letting me install it. It says that there isn’t anything to install.

macOS patcher only supports MacBook Air 2,2 and up.

So that is basically why you’re getting kernel panics, and it not letting you install.

christiann

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2020
North America
No I’m talking about installing the macOS Patcher on another Mac with Catalina on it ?

You don’t install anything. You just download it off their site, open terminal, chmod +x and drag the .sh file and then sudo and drag the .sh file.

Then it opens up the OS X patcher.

HomieJohn

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2020
Oh sorry I’m got confused by a different patcher program lol. Everything installs fine on USB, but when I plug it in and boot it from my MacBook Air, it won’t let me use the built-in keyboard or mouse.

christiann

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2020
North America
Oh sorry I’m got confused by a different patcher program lol. Everything installs fine on USB, but when I plug it in and boot it from my MacBook Air, it won’t let me use the built-in keyboard or mouse.

Idk if it supports graphics acceleration for a Mac that old.

I don’t have my 08’ MacBook anymore though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.