Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
I was planning to do an upgrade over my existing os x installation, since I have way too much stuff installed and setup on my current setup. Would making a time machine backup of my entire drive and then performing a clean install of yosemite and restore from my timemachine back up be the next best thing compared to formatting my drive clean and installing a fresh new copy and then taking the time to set up everything from scratch again such as installing and configuring all my apps, emails, settings, etc?

I really hope I can just do a clean install and the restoring from my time machine back up.

What have you guys done?

Fusilero

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
London
Dual boot ? I just made another partition in Disk Utility and installed onto that. No issues at all in terms of dual-booting and easy access to documents and so on from the 10.9.3 partition :)

dblissmn

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2002
Dual boot ? I just made another partition in Disk Utility and installed onto that. No issues at all in terms of dual-booting and easy access to documents and so on from the 10.9.3 partition :)

Nice to know. Maybe I can participate in the beta program after all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.