Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christopher11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Hey guys, quick question please about audio quality in exported videos. I'm a musician and composer. I sync my music to short iPhone videos I shoot myself. For the video I use a program called Filmora, It's simple, but I've been able to do some great stuff with it, I love the various filters and effects. They are typically short, 1 or 2 minute clips that I then upload to YouTube, TikTok etc.

My mixdowns from Logic Pro X are high quality. I drop a .wav file into Filmora and it sounds great there, but the program only allows me to export compressed audio: the highest it lets you export at is 320kbps. There's no option to export the movie with audio quality as good as the original. So, I've found that by the time TikTok or Youtube apply their compression algorithms, the audio quality really suffers.

So, what I think I should do is export the master video from Filmora, then sync it to the audio in a better program for it, like Final Cut Pro or iMovie. Would you have a preference if you were doing this? I tried Final Cut Pro but it seems a bit complex for this simple task. Thank you for any help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.