Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amethystjw

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Livonia, MI
Fellow nerds! I developed a serious iPod fetish around 2008 and ended up collecting a bunch of them in varying condition from immaculate to heavily used. I have at least one of each non-iOS iPod ever made, so iPod, iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod shuffle in each of their generations.

I've been careful to maintain their batteries between 20% and 90% charge all these years and most still hold a great charge after all that time, most notably my immaculate first generation iPod "classic" which turns 17-years-old this month, and can play music for hours with its original battery. I'm the only person who has ever touched it and it lives in a specially-made stand, pictured below.

All that is to say I'm tired of babysitting their batteries and worrying about the sun yellowing the plastic. I think it's time to sell them. But selling them as a set really seems like the best way to go. eBay is probably my best bet, but I'm curious if the community here has any other suggestions for me. Are there any active iPod forums where nutjobs like me might be interested in buying these guys? I think the set is worth somewhere around $1500, which makes me sad, because just the two on stands below were $500 each new! I've included a photo, but it's not current. In addition to the ones pictured, I have an iPod Photo (4.5 generation), Nano 6th gen, shuffle 4th gen, and a bunch of duplicates in less good condition that I'd also consider selling.

ipod collection (2011 march).JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.