Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lu0s3r322

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
is it better to go to local video game stores like gamestop and eb games to sell your games or to use ebay/internet sites?

also i heard if you want cash for your games instead of store credit, they give you less

ive got a useless gamecube and n64 sitting around my house collecting dust and i just need to get rid of them as soon as possible

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I think eBay will be the best bet, or at least it is here. Shops will give you such a minimal amount for your games you're best totally avoiding them. Local papers can be quite good but it will limit the number of viewers. Just depends on how far you're willing to ship your item.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
GameStop gives you ridiculously small amounts of money for it. You'll get maybe $30 for the GameCube, and you'll have to include a wired controller with it (which sucks if you intend to use it with a Wii later).

GameStop will not take a N64 anymore.

eBay or Craigslist.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I once took some games into EB games, they give you very little. I really regret selling my gameboy color because they only game me like $10 for it. And for my video games, I think the most i got was $8 for GTAIII

So go with craigslist, or ebay.

Haoshiro

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2006
USA, OR
Definitely sell on the Internet on places like Amazon, eBay, or craigslist.

As others have said, game retailers give you virtually nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.