Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cosmo811

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2011
Cambridge, UK
I was wondering what the best way would be to go about that transfer. I used a Samsung Galaxy S8 for about 2.5 years so all the photos from that time are stored on Google Photos. Of course, I can access them via the Google Photos app and website, but it would be great if I could just keep them all in the same place as I now only use a Macbook Pro and an iPhone.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Reactions: scmill

David L. Coffin

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2020
I was wondering what the best way would be to go about that transfer. I used a Samsung Galaxy S8 for about 2.5 years so all the photos from that time are stored on Google Photos. Of course, I can access them via the Google Photos app and website, but it would be great if I could just keep them all in the same place as I now only use a Macbook Pro and an iPhone.

Any advice would be much appreciated
what I've done, is use Google Takeout. this allows the downloading of files, in my case, photos, in a zip file. I then expand it all on my Mac in a folder. I then use Import in Photos to add these pictures to my library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.