Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

subaiku

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
OK guys, got a bit of a dilemma. I got myself a new iPhone 8, I've been testing it and taking photos for the past month before switching everything over. I registered a new iCloud account for the iPhone 8. So now I've got over 2k photos on the new phone. Question is if I just switch the iCloud account on the iPhone 8 to my old iCloud account, do all my new photos remain or do they get deleted?

ankia

Suspended
May 7, 2018
As we all know, iCloud offers only 5GB free storage. First, make sure you have enough iCloud storage space for your photos. Then follow steps below to transfer photos from your old iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 with iCloud.

Step 1: Open the "Settings" app on your source iPhone, then tap [your name] > iCloud.

Step 2: Tap "Photos" and enable "iCloud Photos". This will automatically upload all your photos and videos to iCloud.

Step 3: On the target iPhone, sign in to the same Apple ID and you can see all the photos in the Photos app.

Hope it can help you with your problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.