Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
If any. I found a lot but not sure which one to pick.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Weather apps that offer different weather sources so you can get weather predictions that are actually realistic for your area:

My favorite: Carrot Weather
Other options: Forecast Bar, Hello Weather

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I have been using Carrot Weather for years and I love it. I have tried Hello Weather also and I really like that app a lot as well.

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
I've been a big advocate of Carrot for a while. Unlike other weather apps where you can only use one set of data points, Carrot allows you to pull data from Forca, AccuWeather, Apple Weather, NOAA and a ton of EU sources so you have a better selection to see which one will be more accurate. Nearly endless amounts of customization too.

Keep in mind though that no weather app is 100% accurate all the time. Even Carrot gets it wrong sometimes but it's been more consistently accurate than Apple Weather has been in the past year+ for me.

Reactions: pacorob

kgphotos

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2017
Carrot Weather. Very customizable and as the others have said many data points to choose from. Also it has Siri Shortcuts, too.

wyrdness

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2008
I like Accuweather, but I've just had an email from Apple to say that Accuweather's subscription is rising by almost 40% this year. So I'll be going back to the free version and maybe looking for another app.

Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.