Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vics

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2016
Worcestershire UK
Thanks. That is good to know. I have basically the same Mac. 20" early 2009 but with 8gb Ram.
The only other problem I see is that the hard drive is very full. It would be nice to swap it with an SSD but I don't feel very confident opening up the screen!
It's not something I'd want to do either, but my hard drive isn't overly full as I've got 3 external hard drives attached, one just for time machine back up, one for ALL my hundreds of photos/video and the third for important documents.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
The Leopard WebKit project is designed as a universal binary for Snow Leopard, and gives both Leopard and Snow Leopard users the security of the latest version of WebKit in the Safari 5 package.
Sadly, you're incorrect. Launching the latest version on Intel Snow Leopard (2007 white MacBook) simply brings up this message:
Webkit-10.6.png

These days Snow Leopard needs an up-to-date browser as badly as Leopard on PowerPC.

iFan86

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2020
Arctic Fox still works in OS X Snow Leopard in 2020! Check it out!

Thanks for the heads up on Arctic Fox. I just pulled out my old 2006 iMac that has been sitting in the basement for a few years to start playing around with again. It seems finding early intel software is harder then finding G3-G4 software. As far as web browsers go, Arctic Fox works the best on this old system.

loby

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
There are various websites that have old software for free to download. There actually are still people who like to put resource on the website for others to use and joy, but make sure you trust the website and source before downloading.

Snowlover

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2018
Alpine , CA
My favorite browser for Snow Leopard is InterWeb.
It was just updated 2/17/2021, supports add-ons such as ublock origin , no-script etc., and really flies with foxpep added.

randommacstuff.blogspot.com

InterWeb Browser for OS X 10.6 & 10.7

A blog about Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard and PowerPC Linux.

forums.macrumors.com

foxPEP and TenFourFoxPEP - For A Faster Firefox / TenFourFox

The Firefox Partitioned Engine Patch, officially abbreviated as foxPEP, is a finely tuned all-in-one preferences patch designed exclusively for Firefox-based browsers that automatically applies a number of advanced under-the-hood configurations to achieve a superior Web browsing experience on...
forums.macrumors.com
forums.macrumors.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.